DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate any help with these questions:

1. How many days out does the guide go out to?

2. I just did a total format (reset all) and some of the programs I want to record are not in the listings. How long before all the shows populate the guide? When I went online to the Directv site I did a search and saw my shows but some are not there in the EPG.

3. Can anyone explain bookmarks?

Thanks in advance

· Legend
129 Posts
I believe the answer to #1 is (14) Days
#2) Over the next 24 hours your guide will be updated.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,529 Posts
traderfjp said:
1. How many days out does the guide go out to?
From page 17 of the manual, "up to 14 days".
2. I just did a total format (reset all) and some of the programs I want to record are not in the listings. How long before all the shows populate the guide?
As much as 48 hours.
Have you tried following the hints on page 13 of the manual?

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
They got you covered on the first two questions. Here is the third...
traderfjp said:
The short version on bookmarks is in the tips & tricks link below.

The long version is in the manual on page 13:

Bookmarks: "Bookmarks" are a way of keeping track of places in a program you'd like to jump to quickly. You can set Bookmarks in a recorded program by pressing PAUSE then the GREEN key. They can be deleted by pressing PAUSE, then the DASH key. You can jump to Bookmarks by pressing and holding the FFWD key to move forward, or the REWIND key to move back, or via the Quick Menu. (See
Chapter 3.)

Take care,

Craig

· AllStar
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I appreciate the intel. The bookmark feature doesn't seem that useful but occasionally handy or fun. I'm starting to appreciate this DVR everyday. I think with some tweaking Directv has a winner. The one feature I would love to see is an easy way to delete programs. I want a button to press when viewing a recorded show that will allow me to stop the recording, continue or DELETE. How many times do we start programs and then realize we just saw them. Maybe it's just me. I did figure out that if you press the button with an arrow and line (can't explain it better) the DVR will FF to the end of the program and then you can delete the show. This works but is a pain. In Tivo you pressed the Jog to the left and up comes the delete function. All in all I like this receiver much better than the one it replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.