DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed last evening the record light turning red. I assume this red color has to do with software updates. I checked today and both of the HR20's I have updated to the OXE3 at 4:44am. I just hope the RED did not indicate a problem. I checked the software version right after seeing the red light come on and off and it remained the old version. Does it download first and then wait to install later when maybe the box is idle or off?:confused:

· Registered
4,880 Posts
From what we've been told, the record light turning red is just a random bug and has no meaning whatsoever. The HR20 will not download the update and wait to install it, it is all part of the same process basically. If you are currently using it when it finds the update, it will prompt you if you want to upgrade now or wait until later. If the HR20 is in off/standby it will start doing the update as soon as it sees one a new one is available.

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PoitNarf said:
From what we've been told, the record light turning red is just a random bug and has no meaning whatsoever. The HR20 will not download the update and wait to install it, it is all part of the same process basically. If you are currently using it when it finds the update, it will prompt you if you want to upgrade now or wait until later. If the HR20 is in off/standby it will start doing the update as soon as it sees one a new one is available.
The only other time I saw it turn RED was when the installer first powered it up and it came on and blinked a few times. Thanks for the insight!

· Legend
155 Posts
chutta said:
My record light just went bright red as well. No ill effects as of yet.
I noticed the samething last night for about 5 min and then it turned off. I never noticed this before and I've had this box since last Nov.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
The red light is supposed to indicate the internal modem in use, for example when purchasing a PPV. Sometimes it has a mind of its own.

· Cool Member
28 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
The red light is supposed to indicate the internal modem in use, for example when purchasing a PPV. Sometimes it has a mind of its own.
I believe modem use is correct. I plug mine into the phone to clear a couple PPV's. The red light came on, then immediately my online account showed the PPV's in recent activity.

Cheers!

· AllStar
87 Posts
wishfull1 said:
I believe modem use is correct. I plug mine into the phone to clear a couple PPV's. The red light came on, then immediately my online account showed the PPV's in recent activity.

Cheers!
This is true. Happened to me after ordering PPV.

· Godfather
467 Posts
Mine comes on at all kinds of different times. Sometimes in the middle of the afternoon. When it is red, if you look at my phone it says "Line In Use". I've never ordered any PPV's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.