DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
AllStar
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to record the U2 - Live from Milan (HD) on channel 101 three times now and each time it doesn't get recorded. I can't be exactly sure what is happening as the HD shows seem to all be in the middle of the night. If I search the history, it only says that the recording was cancelled. I was, however, able to successfully record the SD show on Channel 334.

Has anyone else successfully recorded the HD version of this show?

Thanks for any and all replies.

·
Legend
231 Posts
bubbadawg said:
I have tried to record the U2 - Live from Milan (HD) on channel 101 three times now and each time it doesn't get recorded. I can't be exactly sure what is happening as the HD shows seem to all be in the middle of the night. If I search the history, it only says that the recording was cancelled. I was, however, able to successfully record the SD show on Channel 334.

Thanks for any and all replies.
It recorded fine for me last night on channel 95 in HD

·
Godfather
338 Posts
I noticed that while I had the SD version of U2-Live in Italy on My Playlist, it wouldn't record the HD version. That is, I could schedule the recording but it wouldn't stay on the To Do List. Once I erased the SD version, the HD recorded fine.

·
Legend
150 Posts
Bubbadawg, I had the same issue a few weeks back, tried to record the John Mayer concert on my HR20 and it would not do it, however I had no problems recording it on the HDVR2. I posted this but nobody ever responded back, so I assumed it was an issue unique to my set-up.

·
Icon
942 Posts
bubbadawg said:
Ironically, I can't get my HR20 to STOP recording it. I am a big U2 fan, have been for many years, and I have a keyword search autorecord set up for all things with "U2" in the title or description. Unfortunately, every single time the Live in Milan show airs, my HR20 records it (HD and SD) and I have to do a daily playlist clean up to delete the unwanted recordings. I have my autorecord setting set to record only "First Run" shows, but apparently D* is not putting "first run" or "repeat" data into the show info.

Bob

·
AllStar
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SockMonkey said:
Ironically, I can't get my HR20 to STOP recording it. I am a big U2 fan, have been for many years, and I have a keyword search autorecord set up for all things with "U2" in the title or description. Unfortunately, every single time the Live in Milan show airs, my HR20 records it (HD and SD) and I have to do a daily playlist clean up to delete the unwanted recordings. I have my autorecord setting set to record only "First Run" shows, but apparently D* is not putting "first run" or "repeat" data into the show info.

Bob
Thanks.

That's kind of amusing. Big U2 fan as well. Maybe I will try and setup a keyword (Wishlist) auto-record and hopes that works.

·
AllStar
88 Posts
tsbrady1 said:
Bubbadawg, I had the same issue a few weeks back, tried to record the John Mayer concert on my HR20 and it would not do it, however I had no problems recording it on the HDVR2. I posted this but nobody ever responded back, so I assumed it was an issue unique to my set-up.
I had the same problems with the John mayer Concert. I thought the HD tag was a mistake so it didn't record.

·
Icon
942 Posts
bubbadawg said:
Thanks.

That's kind of amusing. Big U2 fan as well. Maybe I will try and setup a keyword (Wishlist) auto-record and hopes that works.
It will be amusing until you have to delete them every day. :) I can't wait for January (assuming that's when they stop airing it).

And just FYI... it's just the same show as what came with the deluxe edition of the U218 album. Nothing new except the fact that it's in HD. I suspect that HDNet will be carrying it in a few weeks/months.

Bob

·
AllStar
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SockMonkey said:
It will be amusing until you have to delete them every day. :) I can't wait for January (assuming that's when they stop airing it).

And just FYI... it's just the same show as what came with the deluxe edition of the U218 album. Nothing new except the fact that it's in HD. I suspect that HDNet will be carrying it in a few weeks/months.

Bob
I watched the SD version and enjoyed it. I just thought it would be nice to see it in HD. I will try to record it again in HD next time it's on.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
SockMonkey said:
I have my autorecord setting set to record only "First Run" shows, but apparently D* is not putting "first run" or "repeat" data into the show info.
My 6-year-old TiVo does not have this problem because it gets it's own Info that it adds including First Run or Repeat. Even if you have it set to record repeats, TiVo also checks the description. If you have seen this same episode in the past 28 days, it will not record it again regarless of what label D* puts on it.

Autorecord and Series Link will remain broken until D* begins providing accurate INFO about shows like TiVo does.

If TiVo can get the correct INFO about first run or repeat, why can't D*?

We already have a wishlist item for more informaiton about cast, etc. but I think we need a wishlist item:

Provide accurate repeat/first run INFO so the right shows can be recorded.

Series Links and Autorecords will remain broken until the INFO they work from is correct. Autorecord will also remain broken until Channels I Get works.

I love my HR20 and trust that one day, it will catch up with my 6 year old Sony SAT-60.

- Craig

·
Hall Of Fame
1,359 Posts
bubbadawg said:
I watched the SD version and enjoyed it. I just thought it would be nice to see it in HD. I will try to record it again in HD next time it's on.
So you still havn't found what you're looking for? ;)

·
Legend
148 Posts
I recorded it off of 95 the first day it was on.
It now has a permanent home on my HR20 with the HDNET version of Vertigo- Chicago!
My first thought is it being the channel 101 and not channel 95 might be part of the problem. I haven't quite understodd how 1001 is occassionally HD. Is it just our HD boxes that see it that way?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.