DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FWIW, I'm using the word "receiver" here to mean my Sony stereo receiver, not the HR20.

I'd like to use my HR20 remote to:
a) change the volume on my Sony receiver
b) power on/off the receiver and TV
c) change the TV/Video input on my Sony TV

On Wednesday, I had set up my TV, then my receiver. I didn't get too far into testing it because I reset the remote when I realized the volume buttons were controlling the TV, not the receiver. I haven't messed with it much since.

So, this morning I went to set up the receiver first, figuring I'd set up the TV second. I'm told to enter the codes 31058, 31758, and 31858 (IIRC). The last two do nothing. The first one works with the power button. None adjust the volume on my receiver. I followed all of the instructions and entered in the second code (993) then. I don't recall whether I did "select" or the volume key here, so I'll try that next.

Am I missing some trick? I did the programming on AV1. Volume doesn't work with the slider in any position.

Receiver: STR-DE945
TV: KDF-60XS955

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iacas said:
Am I missing some trick? I did the programming on AV1. Volume doesn't work with the slider in any position.
Now I've programmed the TV (second, again) and the volume works with the receiver. TV Input works on the TV and the TV On/Off buttons work with the TV (both when the selector is in the DTV position). To get the receiver to turn on and off, though, I have to switch it to "AV1" mode.

Is that the intended behavior? My DTiVo had a little green button that would turn on the receiver and the TV, adjust the volume on the receiver, change TV Inputs, etc.

Edmund said:
Your problem is you need to set up your tv first, or the vol keys won't work.
I think it's working now, except for the "PWR" button issue.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Edmund said:
Until the tv code is programmed the vol keys won't work, period.
As I said, I've moved past that. The remaining issue is that the stereo receiver does not power off unless I switch to AV1 mode. This is a loss of functionality from my DirecTiVo remote.

·
5 Posts
That little nugget "until the TV code is programmed..." was great. I had not been able to control the volume on my Sony receiver, only the power, until I read this.
Thanks so much!
Perhaps all these remote whines belong in one place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.