DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised to discover that my HR20 remote (RC24) is capable of both IR and RF. This contradicts what I read in the User Guide on page 77:

You can skip this section if you do not have an RF Remote Antenna and Capable Remote (sold separately)...
The remote control included with your DIRECTV Plus HD DVR Works using IR (infrared).

Well, the HR20 comes with the RC24 remote and it's RF capable RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX! To switch the remote and receiver to RF, go to Help & Settings > Setup > Remote > IR/RF Setup.

Now my remote no longer needs "line of sight" and it'll even work through walls! :)

·
Mentor
43 Posts
SrLANGuy said:
I was surprised to discover that my HR20 remote (RC24) is capable of both IR and RF. This contradicts what I read in the User Guide on page 77:

You can skip this section if you do not have an RF Remote Antenna and Capable Remote (sold separately)...
The remote control included with your DIRECTV Plus HD DVR Works using IR (infrared).

Well, the HR20 comes with the RC24 remote and it's RF capable RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX! To switch the remote and receiver to RF, go to Help & Settings > Setup > Remote > IR/RF Setup.

Now my remote no longer needs "line of sight" and it'll even work through walls! :)
It is misleading.

·
Icon
650 Posts
will it work through walls to control other devices? like a surround sound unit

·
Icon
650 Posts
mocciat said:
will it work through walls to control other devices? like a surround sound unit
thanks in advance

·
Icon
731 Posts
WHO actually uses the directv remote? I would guess most ALL of us powerusers who use this forum use a single advanced universal remote of some type.

·
Legend
274 Posts
Slyster said:
WHO actually uses the directv remote? I would guess most ALL of us powerusers who use this forum use a single advanced universal remote of some type.
Guess I am not a power user despite having E* and DTV, 2 HR20, 2 HR10, 2 plasma, slingbox etc etc etc

I much prefer the directv remote to any universal remote I hve tried.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
SrLANGuy said:

Wow! Great find! I had DirecTV send me the new RC32RF for so I could use IR. I really didn't like it because they made it so much bigger and heavier. I just went back and set up the RC24, and voila. I should have realized it would work with the FCC sticker on the back.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
"I much prefer the directv remote to any universal remote I hve tried."

Me too. My family likes the D* remotes very much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.