DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Godfather
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HR20 installed yesterday and working well. The remote that came with the HR20 is the RC24. I've read the manual and programmed the remote. My question is that I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to change channels and volume without having to move the switch back and forth from D* mode to AV1 mode. I've been keeping the remote in D* mode and controlling the volume with my Samsung HDTV remote which is just as much a pain. Would the RC32 remote possibly allow me to control volume and channel changing without having to swithch modes? The peanut remote with the HR10 - 250 allowed me to change channels and volume with no problems. Thx. Frank

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I'm confused, the remote controls the TV volume when switched to directv mode? What did you configure for the AV1 mode? An AV receiver? We need more info to help you out.

·
Godfather
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that. I'm pretty much a newbie. I have my Marantz 7500 prorammed in AV1. Not sure what other info I can give you but if that's not enough let me know and I'll try to explain it better. Thx.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,745 Posts
Italfra1 said:
HR20 installed yesterday and working well. The remote that came with the HR20 is the RC24. I've read the manual and programmed the remote. My question is that I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to change channels and volume without having to move the switch back and forth from D* mode to AV1 mode. I've been keeping the remote in D* mode and controlling the volume with my Samsung HDTV remote which is just as much a pain. Would the RC32 remote possibly allow me to control volume and channel changing without having to swithch modes? The peanut remote with the HR10 - 250 allowed me to change channels and volume with no problems. Thx. Frank
Here, try this.......

http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=680749&postcount=85

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
There is a way to do what you want, but I can't recall the exact programming instructions. Someone else here should be able to chime in, or go check out the manual again, it may be listed in there as matto said.

·
Godfather
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'll take a closer look at the manual. Can you control both volume and channels in D* mode. The internal volume on my tv is turned off so I can control the volume on my reciever, but I havn't firgured out how to do both without switching back and forth between D* mode and AV1. Sorry if this is not explained properly. I'm pretty new at this stuff. Thx.

·
Godfather
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll give it a try. You guys are awesome. Besides this little snag my system is kicking some serious ass. It's just that the volume gets really loud when I go from a local HD channel to a SD channel and I'm trying to get the remote dialed in to be ready for that without switching modes. Thx again.

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Italfra1 said:
Menu/setup/remote. The same screen that tells you how to program your AV1 also tells you how to program it so that your reciever will be the default vol/mute, etc in DTV mode. Once you select the correct receiver code, you repeat the process and enter the extra code they list on the screen and press volume. It's all there on the AV1 programming screen.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,745 Posts
Italfra1 said:
I'll give it a try. You guys are awesome. Besides this little snag my system is kicking some serious ass. It's just that the volume gets really loud when I go from a local HD channel to a SD channel and I'm trying to get the remote dialed in to be ready for that without switching modes. Thx again.
Did you read the instructions at the link I posted above?

·
Godfather
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Italfra1 said:
Thanks for the info guys. I'm working on it this morning and I'll keep you posted if all your tips worked. Thx.
The Rat Patrol. The link that you sent me helped me set my audio reciever to default and now I can control my vol. and channels all in Directv mode on the remote. Thanks, no more back and forth between D*mode and AV1. Now if I can get this thing to stop locking up. Thx again. Frank

·
Legend
245 Posts
I had posted this on another thread but perhaps it would be better posted here. In an attempt to better control my Toshiba 32HL66(wanted to be able to access the TV menu from the D* RC), I set the RC to TV then entered the codes as suggested for my TV until the volume would adjust then entered the 960 code to set the input button. Problem is, now I can not turn off the TV if I am in the D* mode by using the TV power button. I now have to move the selector to TV and use the Power button. Prior to this I was able to shut down the TV using the TV power button while the remote was in D* mode.
I have tried removing the batteries thinking it would default to the original settings but no luck. Any ideas?

·
AllStar
60 Posts
Has anybody had an issue with their TV not turning off with the TV off button? I'm guessing my TV (Vizio L32) doesn't have discrete codes for power-on and power-off but instead just a power toggle so I need to use the TV power on button to turn the TV off. Anybody have any words of wisdom how to fix this? If it helps, I'm using code 10178.

·
Remote Master
1,820 Posts
mooniac said:
Has anybody had an issue with their TV not turning off with the TV off button? I'm guessing my TV (Vizio L32) doesn't have discrete codes for power-on and power-off but instead just a power toggle so I need to use the TV power on button to turn the TV off. Anybody have any words of wisdom how to fix this? If it helps, I'm using code 10178.
Many tv brand's code don't punch-through the commands to the TV on & off keys, it either does or doesn't, it isn't programmable feature. You might try the new remote RC32Rf, there are 3 dedicated visio tv codes in it.

·
AllStar
60 Posts
Edmund said:
Many tv brand's code don't punch-through the commands to the TV on & off keys, it either does or doesn't, it isn't programmable feature. You might try the new remote RC32Rf, there are 3 dedicated visio tv codes in it.
Thanks but the power seems to have punched through but only for the power-on, not the power-off. The power-on seems to be working as just a toggle so I can use power-on to turn the unit off as well, just ugly and hard to explain to the wife.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.