Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mentor
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I don't post much but I read the heck out of these forums! There are some very knowledgable people here as well as enthusiasts like myself. I appreciate coming to a place where everyone is willing to help and share in the experience.

I have a question. Through Circuit City's "no lemon" guarantee extended service contract, I will be getting a new Sony SXRD (KDS-50A2000) in place of my old Sony 46" Rear Projection CRT. I should be getting it in the next few days. I got the HR20 a month back for free from customer retention and have it activated and sitting in another room...just getting updates. I won't be activating it until OTA is ready to go since my HD MPEG4's aren't available in Reno yet. Now...here is the question:

Since the SXRD has a built-in HD tuner and I have an OTA antenna, can I use the HR20 to record these shows? I'm assuming the answer is "no" because the HR20 won't recognize the internal tuner of the SXRD. Right or wrong?

Thanks,

evans5150

·
Icon
731 Posts
From what know.. there is NO way to input a signal of any kind for the HR20 to record. Besides the dead OTA input.. there are no other inputs... only outputs.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Slyster said:
From what know.. there is NO way to input a signal of any kind for the HR20 to record. Besides the dead OTA input.. there are no other inputs... only outputs.
Slyster is correct. The only inputs on the HR20 are the 2 sat and 1 OTA inputs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.