DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed on mine just got my HR20 installed last night, that on all HD channels, not HD Locals though that the sound is popping left and right, and crackles like no other, i cant even watch HBO HD or ESPN Hd because its so annoying. any insight?

We have 2 of them, and the one downstairs doesen't seem to do such a thing

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
During the broadcast? Or when the shows are comming in and out of commercials.

Optical connection? Any chance of trying a different optical cable?

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
I had the same problem. The crackling was so loud it was unwatchable. It came halfway thru playback of a previously recorded show and lasted 5-10 minutes. It was the HD broadcast of What About Brian from Monday night on ABC.

I left my vod and came back to it again. It kept popping at the same spot each time. Hopefully it was just a problem w/ this particular recording and I don't encounter it again. But if others are having this problem with other shows recorded at other times, then it's more likely I will run into this problem again.

·
DirecTV 10yr+ Customer
1,011 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
definetely during the broadcast, but now all of a sudden it stopped, the optical connection is fine as it was with my las HD receiver, i ended up turning the dolby digital off, then back on, and then it seemed fine, weird? I dunno?

I know directv i heard has the dolby digital setting backward, when you switch it to on it's really off, and when it's off it's really turned on..... kinda wicked if you ask me

but right now it seems fine as i switched through all the hd channels that were cracking and popping and now it's like normal tv. I have no idea LOL. but what was weird was last night right after it got installed it was cracking and popping than a few hours later it wasn't, I went to bed and had Just Friends set to record on HBO hd at 9 this morning, it did, i checked it and played it back but it had the cracking and popping, but as of right now everything seems good to go so im not sure what's going on back and forth all of a sudden

·
DirecTV 10yr+ Customer
1,011 Posts
Bauer600 said:
I know directv i heard has the dolby digital setting backward, when you switch it to on it's really off, and when it's off it's really turned on..... kinda wicked if you ask me
What ? :confused:

·
Banned
686 Posts
many folks have reported that with version 0xE3, the displayed setting and the actual output mode can get out of sync.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, i've noticed on my receiver, if you turned dolby digital on, it'll go off, but if you switch it to off, it will come on, i've read that in a couple other posts and thought i'd try it and it worked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.