DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
9 Posts
Great troubleshooting guide ... now about the "unwatchable bug" that has me searching the net for the best deal on Dish Net and composing emails telling DirecTv where to put their early cancellation fee ...

I got my first Tivo when the max recording capacity was 9 hrs and used both stock and modified units -- including DTV Tivos -- ever since until I switched to HD two months ago.

And I never had any vapor recording problems with Tivos and I have never read any reports of DishNet HD recorders recording ghost programs ...

The HR20 has had this problem since the first unit rolled off the boat from China -- the CNET reviewers noted it even before -- or maybe just after -- the HR20 was unleashed on option-less DirecTV customers.

Does anyone know if a.) anybody at DirecTV knows or cares about what is, after all, a pretty major design flaw if it causes you to miss the Super Bowl or a news report about the end of the world and b.) whether anyone at DirecTV who does know about the problem is in a position to do something about it ...

My guess is that DTV is -- and will forever -- stonewall and claim there is no problem because it can't be fixed in firmware and replacing a few hundred thousand machines is rather expensive ...

I'd like to be proven wrong, but my instinct says early adopters of the HR20 will be wearing this particular shaft for a long time ...

Also, please check me on a few observations. My experience is that the problem is entirely random, just as likely to happen on SD as HD channels and totally unrelated to whether one or two programs is scheduled to record.

Oh, and have you any experience with the HR20 agreeing or refusing to record two HD programs simultaneously based on its mood at any given moment?

Thanks.

·
9 Posts
Here's a question without any whining ... have you experienced a case where you set a program to record, for example, a three-hour program plus one hour and have the HR20 stop recording at 3:28, 3:40 or some other odd hour?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.