DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since the newest software download I have been having a problem with 1 of my HR20s. It refuses to recognize that a second tuner is attached. I can check signal strength and it shows very good readings on tuner 2, all over 90 on 99,103,101,110 and 119. But nothing makes the second tuner active, meaning I cant record 2 shows at once or watch a program other than the one that is recording. Any ideas? Thanks!

· Mentor
41 Posts
i had this SAME issue. I came home and I had a error 771 on the screen. I tried the usual stuff to clear it and nothing worked. So rebooted the DVR. Then I only had 1 tuner. Did signal strength check and I had perfect signal on BOTH tuners.....

I was busy so I gave up but then the next day I did another reboot, and poof both tuners worked again.

· Registered
5,674 Posts
dgordo said:
When I swap the cables around tuner 1 works but tuner 2 still does not. I'm starting to think tuner 2 died.
your first post said tuner 2 was good.
I can check signal strength and it shows very good readings on tuner 2,
what we need to determine is if the issue is following the coax. check both tuners, mark down the signals, then swap the coax (leave bbc on) and see if the tuner that was good is now bad. this means the issue is following the coax.
after that swap cables again but LEAVE the bbc's where they are. if nothing changes your bbc's are bad.

· Hall Of Fame
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
David MacLeod said:
your first post said tuner 2 was good.

what we need to determine is if the issue is following the coax. check both tuners, mark down the signals, then swap the coax (leave bbc on) and see if the tuner that was good is now bad. this means the issue is following the coax.
after that swap cables again but LEAVE the bbc's where they are. if nothing changes your bbc's are bad.
When i swap the coax with the bbc on the issue remain on tuner 2.
When i sawp the coax bur leave the bbc where they are the issue also remains on tuner 2.

Regardless of what I try i can see very good signal strength on tuner 2 but the stb refuses to accept dual tuner mode.

· Hall Of Fame
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
David MacLeod said:
ok, if T1 and T2 both show that its not incoming signal. its something in the satellite setup screen. both lines from the dvr go straight to dish and not through a multi-switch or splitter right?
I am using a WB616 multi switch.

David MacLeod said:
what is the dish model you have? the actual model please.

and under dish setup what does it list for dish type? does this match what you actually have?
Dish is a slimline 5, this matches what sat set up says.

Thanks for all the help David. I have installed every dish I have ever had and cant figure out what the problem is here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.