DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
8,741 Posts
HJJ said:
I have a question I am hoping someone here might be able to assist with. I am having my Sony HD 300 unit replaced this week with the new HR20 DVR. My HD300 allows me to send the (Out to TV) "Coax" signal straight into the wall where it enters my existing cable network. I am then able to view my Satellite signal on channel 3 of all Tv's in my house with my signal combiner. My problem now is that this new HR20 DVR does not seem to have a coax output that I can use in a similar configuration. Is there another method with this HR20 to get that video and audio signal into the wall over a coax cable? I am not sure if I can run seperate video and audio into another device which does have a coax out. Maybe my old VCR. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Directv technical support was not ver helpful. Thanks.
Yeah, a VCR might work. You can also try using an RF modulator, you can find them at Radio Shack, Wal-Mart or Target. Just take the composite out (yellow/red/white) of the HR20 into the RF modulator, then run the coax cable from the RF modulator into the wall jack. It should work.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,741 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.