DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Godfather
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to weakknees and was flabbergasted to see standard HR10 going for 1375.00 YIKES. Yeah I prefer Tivo, but not that much!
So I was thinking, sell my practically brand new HR10 in the Airstream and buy HR20, and make more than a few bucks? I don't need HR20, as no locals in the Airstream and using a 3lnb Motosat dish. But, I'd like to know the following
heating/temp comparison of the models, as I keep it in a somewhat confined area, and power consumption differances if any, as I sometimes run off Solar/Batteries/Inverter (2.5kwTrace Inverter) if the HR20 is a much hotter machine, and uses much more energy I'll keep what I got.
Dan

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
I don't know if anyone has done a true test to see which unit uses more power... But they are going to be very close in power consumption, since the biggest draw of power is the Hard Drive... and they both have one.

As for heat.

Based on their internal readings, they are also very close.
To "touch" the HR20 is warmer to the touch..

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
According to the HR10-250 manual, it draws 40W of power, and according to the label on the HR20, it draws 70W.

HTH,
Tom

· Legend
156 Posts
I sold one of my HR10s on eBay for over $400.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
Starrbuck said:
I sold one of my HR10s on eBay for over $400.
Wow, why would anyone want to pay that much for such a backwards unit when they can get the new and improved HR20 for free or much less? I just don't understand that. :rolleyes:

· Icon
861 Posts
What is the power draw in standby versus on?

Joel

· Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
Wolffpack said:
Wow, why would anyone want to pay that much for such a backwards unit when they can get the new and improved HR20 for free or much less? I just don't understand that. :rolleyes:
Yeah, they must be idiots ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.