DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Legend
130 Posts
nate513 said:
A couple of weeks ago, I made the jump from Directv to Verizon FIOS, mainly so that I could record HD without dropping $300 - $400 on a new receiver, plus the $10/month HD programming package with Directv. So now, I'm thrilled to be able to record HD, but not happy with the new DVRs interface & features (although On Demand is a nice plus for the kids shows). I thought it would be an easier adjustment from Tivo to something else. Namely, I mostly miss dual live buffers, 30-sec skip, and FF/RW overshoot compensation, in that order. Wife flat out hates the new DVR.
If you read around in this forum you can probably find comparisons between the HR20 & cable DVRs. You might also look at the FIOS forums over at AVSForum. In short:

dual live buffers: probably not happening for a long time, if ever

30 sec skip: the HR20 has 30 sec "slip" instead (FF in 30 sec increments), which works pretty well now that they have increased the FF speed

FF/RW overshoot compensation: like dual live buffers, probably not happening ever (this one due to the fact that TiVo owns the patent on it)

Which DVR is Verizon using? The Motorola 6412?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.