DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Legend
189 Posts
New features...Earl would probably know more about that than most of us here would. And for that matter, probably more than the CSR. My guess as to what the CSR may have meant was, features that aren't currently/generally available but should be. It is my understanding that the e-SATA port is not official yet, but it's there to be used now for additional HD space. The networking is going to be there for national release this week. The USB ports are not active yet.

Dual live buffers is what I would call a "new" feature if it ever gets implimented.

No 30-second skip like Tivo, but the 30-second slip isn't so bad now that they sped it up. A 30-second slip is maybe 2-3 seconds.

I have bought into the new HD content next year thing. Based on what DTV is saying, they will be the leader in HD content.

No FF/RW overshoot compensation, however, when you FF, you can hit the replay to come out and it tends to back it up a little bit. If you're unusally slow, hit it 2 or 3 times. :) It's a good replacement in my opinion. I wasn't a fan of the compensation feature in Tivo, so I'm glad they patented it. lol

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.