DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering why it is taking Directv so long to get the HR20 STB. I've been on the so called waiting list going on 5 weeks now and have not heard a peep from Directv yet. As a satellite provider would it not make sense that you can provide the appropriate STB that the customer desires. Just my opinion. Doesn't make business sense to me.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
Telcoguru said:
I was just wondering why it is taking Directv so long to get the HR20 STB. I've been on the so called waiting list going on 5 weeks now and have not heard a peep from Directv yet. As a satellite provider would it not make sense that you can provide the appropriate STB that the customer desires. Just my opinion. Doesn't make business sense to me.
They did not realize how much of a demand there was going to be for the new box so they did not have enough of them built. So now they are playing catch up.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
228 Posts
As Litz recommends - do call D*. Several weeks ago I signed-up on the waiting list for my second unit and received a call no more than three days later saying I should call D* and arrange for an installation date. - The fact that the installer blew the date and I had to reschedule is for another discussion.......
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,670 Posts
Telcoguru said:
I was just wondering why it is taking Directv so long to get the HR20 STB. I've been on the so called waiting list going on 5 weeks now and have not heard a peep from Directv yet. As a satellite provider would it not make sense that you can provide the appropriate STB that the customer desires. Just my opinion. Doesn't make business sense to me.
My neighbor was having an H20 installed, and the installer said he had several HR20's in the van. (He also screwed up the install, and told me the H20 came with an HDMI cable, which it didn't, so maybe he was lying.)
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
96 Posts
I was on the list for 3 or 4 days for 2nd hr20 before they called and told me to call for installation.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
336 Posts
glennb said:
Quit waiting for DIRECTV. Check the local stores in your area.
When I wanted to get the HR20 I walked into Best Buy and 3 minutes later I had one in my hand.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
182 Posts
DirecTV definitely has them in stock somewhre.

I have a dead HR10 and have been trying to get it replaced with another HR10.
Over the last 3 weeks, DTV has sent me 6 HR20s... I returne all of them... just
got off the phone with DTV and they're going to try again to see if I can get the
a refurbished HR10.

My local BestBuy also has at least a dozen HR20s in stock when I was there on Sunday.
(sitting there in a pile)
 
G

·
The Best Buy where I bought my new HDTV the other day didn't have the HR20 in stock, so I'm on DirecTV's waiting list. The person I spoke to when I ordered the upgrade seemed to think it would only take a few days.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
206 Posts
Forget Best Buy and D*.

Do you have Costco's in NY? I recall there are some in Mass. Drive a bit and pick one up. There are plenty here in some CA stores...
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
92 Posts
Like many others, I have a 10-250 sitting around I can pass on to you. Get in touch and we can work out something for shipping. '[email protected]'

kathymoore said:
DirecTV definitely has them in stock somewhre.

I have a dead HR10 and have been trying to get it replaced with another HR10.
Over the last 3 weeks, DTV has sent me 6 HR20s... I returne all of them... just
got off the phone with DTV and they're going to try again to see if I can get the
a refurbished HR10.

My local BestBuy also has at least a dozen HR20s in stock when I was there on Sunday.
(sitting there in a pile)
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,682 Posts
islesfan said:
My neighbor was having an H20 installed, and the installer said he had several HR20's in the van. (He also screwed up the install, and told me the H20 came with an HDMI cable, which it didn't, so maybe he was lying.)
They used to come with HDMI cable but not anymore.
 
G

·
I checked store availability for the Atlanta area on Best Buy's website and it showed HR20s available at one store. When I called, however, they said they didn't have it in stock. I'm going to try placing an order to have it shipped from the warehouse.
 
G

·
For those on the DirecTV waiting list, you can get the HR20 from Best Buy's website, even though most of their stores don't have it in stock. I ordered one Sunday night with 2-day shipping ($22 extra), it shipped from the warehouse in Ohio on Tuesday, and I got it yesterday by UPS. I had to call in to their tech support to get it working, but the tech was very helpful and it's working just fine now.

The HDMI, which was working with the non-DVR HD receiver, doesn't work on the HR20, so I'm using the component cables for now, but I don't see any difference in picture quality.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
311 Posts
qlanus said:
As Litz recommends - do call D*. Several weeks ago I signed-up on the waiting list for my second unit and received a call no more than three days later saying I should call D* and arrange for an installation date. - The fact that the installer blew the date and I had to reschedule is for another discussion.......
Wow...must differ greatly from area to area...

I have been on the list for a while now (couple of weeks) and have not heard a peep...
 

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
Joined
·
266 Posts
MikeekiM said:
Wow...must differ greatly from area to area...

I have been on the list for a while now (couple of weeks) and have not heard a peep...
As others have reported, just tell them you got a call. They will place the order. There is no code or special number to call back to order. Just call the regular number and tell them you got a call.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
311 Posts
Brantel said:
As others have reported, just tell them you got a call. They will place the order. There is no code or special number to call back to order. Just call the regular number and tell them you got a call.
You have got to be kidding... no checks and balances in place to ensure that you actually got the call?

That's hilarious...
 

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
Joined
·
266 Posts
MikeekiM said:
You have got to be kidding... no checks and balances in place to ensure that you actually got the call?

That's hilarious...
Try it and let us know how it goes.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
311 Posts
Brantel said:
Try it and let us know how it goes.
Actually, I ended up picking mine up locally at Best Buy...

I was just making the comment (and confirmation) that I have been on the waiting list for weeks without a call coming through...
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top