DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
AllStar
59 Posts
i think it really just depends on who you talk to in cust serv and your acct standing and history. i've had no problems getting my hr20 and actually kept putting it off, even though d* kept offering it. i finally got it installed today and the installer told me that they were running "somewhat" low on receivers, but definitely not on 5lnb dishes. i mentioned that about the dish b/c i noticed someone here had mentioned that they were told there were no more dishes. he laughed at that and said whoever said that straight out lied.

·
Legend
185 Posts
I just tried to order the HR20 on-line and, after a bit of digging, it turns out that I can't order the HR20 on-line.

But it appears that there is no option to merely order the 5 LNB dish.

If I buy the HR20 locally, can I get the 5LNB dish installed without having to get the non-DVR box?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
Many people have said that you can just call DTV and they will come out and do the install including the new dish. Your best bet would be to give them a call ahead of time though just to be sure.

·
Mentor
49 Posts
I purchased an HR20 from circuitcity.com. I paid for the $22 express shipping and it will get here tomorrow. I placed the order late Friday so it didn't ship out until last night from Memphis.

*UPDATE* It's been delivered! Man it's going to be a long day until I can get back home to play with it. :(

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Telcoguru said:
I was just wondering why it is taking Directv so long to get the HR20 STB. I've been on the so called waiting list going on 5 weeks now and have not heard a peep from Directv yet. As a satellite provider would it not make sense that you can provide the appropriate STB that the customer desires. Just my opinion. Doesn't make business sense to me.
I have been on the waiting list that was sponsored by this forum since August 22, 2006 and still waiting (I just found the original email from DBSTalk). Don't hold your breath.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Brantel said:
As others have reported, just tell them you got a call. They will place the order. There is no code or special number to call back to order. Just call the regular number and tell them you got a call.
How do you know when they pull up your info on the computer it does not note if you were actually called or not?

·
AllStar
82 Posts
I just got off the phone with a SR. Supervisor with Retention and she is sending me 2 HR20's and they are not on back order any more. I have to wait till the installer can come and "professionally " install it on Jan 12th though.

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
I have been reading the board and recently joined, I appreciate all the information. I received a call from DTV last night and was told the H20's are now available, I also received a good offer on the H20 and new dish, along with an installation date.
The DTV agent told me they now have plenty of availability, so perhaps the wait is past.
Thanks for the information everyone!

·
Icon
650 Posts
NJHarry said:
I have been reading the board and recently joined, I appreciate all the information. I received a call from DTV last night and was told the H20's are now available, I also received a good offer on the H20 and new dish, along with an installation date.
The DTV agent told me they now have plenty of availability, so perhaps the wait is past.
Thanks for the information everyone!
I'm sure you mean HR20

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
Just call the main number and tell them you got a call.

There is no special number or code you must give them.

They have them in stock now.

The priority list has been removed from the web site.

·
2 Posts
I received a call back in the begining of December saying that my HD/dvr has finally arrived, after waintin about a month for it. We scheduled an appointment for the other day and sat home all day long, waiting for the D.TV. people to install my hd/dvr. Guess what no one showed up, everytime I called the computers were down and I just kept getting the run-around. The next day we called and we were told that we were not in the computer to thave the hd-dvr installed, (funny got a phone call confirming the appointment the night before). Now it turns out that they no-longer have my box available, that I have been waiting for since the begining of December and that they will not have new equiptment available until sometime in February (maybe), I am sorry spomeone in that company messed up big time. They proceeded to offer me everything under the sun for free, but I still cannot get the HD/dvr until maybe February. Not good. When Got off the phone with them I calle a local cable company and got them to install the HD-dvr for me in 5 days, :D I am also receiving a bunch of pirks for leaving Direct TV. How is it that DirectTV isn't going to have any boxes available until February. For a big company they sure have poor business sence!!!! No wonder everyone that I have spoken with about this has or is leaving D. TV.

Hope that they wake up soon.

QUOTE=Telcoguru;742435]I was just wondering why it is taking Directv so long to get the HR20 STB. I've been on the so called waiting list going on 5 weeks now and have not heard a peep from Directv yet. As a satellite provider would it not make sense that you can provide the appropriate STB that the customer desires. Just my opinion. Doesn't make business sense to me.[/QUOTE]

·
Patiently Impatient
191 Posts
I called them on 12/21 and it was installed on 12/27. The installer asked me how long I was on the waiting list and I told him I just called, and received.

He kinda looked at me like I had won the HR20 lottery.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.