DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what D* is sending out as replacement for defective HR20s? My 6 day old HR20 has continuous audio dropouts on the digital optical output. No suggestions here or via tier 2 tech support have been able to resolve. So finally they agreed to send me a "comparable replacement." Does anyone know what that means in a practical sense? Will it be an HR20? Will it be new? Do I need to worry about getting stuck with an outdated HR10?

Just curious to get anyone else' who has gone through this.

As always, all input is appreciated.

Regards,

·
AllStar
96 Posts
I had one of mine replaced a month ago. They sent a brand new one. However, with the current supply problems, who knows? I suppose that they will try to repair/refurbish some of these return units and eventually send them out as replacements. For now, I would imagine you would get a brand new one, if they have them in supply.

·
Legend
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cal87 said:
I had one of mine replaced a month ago. They sent a brand new one. However, with the current supply problems, who knows? I suppose that they will try to repair/refurbish some of these return units and eventually send them out as replacements. For now, I would imagine you would get a brand new one, if they have them in supply.
Thanks, I will keep my fingers crossed.

·
Legend
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I would update this in case anyone else is in the same boat. I was able to order a replacement HR20 yesterday via equipment replacement plan and to my surprise it arrived today. I am not sure if it is new, refurbished or what. It arrived in a generic DTV box in shrink wrap. No refurbished sticker. It came with manuals and a shrink wrapped remote and batteries. It had no access card so I swapped out the old one. When I activated it, it did not go through the initial setup process. I went in and manually redid the satellite setup and noticed it had been previsously configured with a different zip code than mine. Anyhow, most importantly it works like a charm with no problems with the digital audio out. Overall, I would give D* high marks for quickly and simply replacing my defective box with a functional replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.