DBSTalk Forum banner

Is the 0xEF improvement to 30s Slip a suitable workaround to 30s Skip?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 60 100.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
brott said:
With the improvement of 30s Slip in the most recent release (0xEF), I'd like your opinion.

Is the 0xEF improvement to 30s Slip a suitable workaround to 30s Skip?
I'm saving my vote. I need to use this feature for a few days to see if it is a suitable solution. My initial thought though is that this is a VAST improvement and it is welcome.

· Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
jaywdetroit said:
I'm saving my vote. I need to use this feature for a few days to see if it is a suitable solution. My initial thought though is that this is a VAST improvement and it is welcome.
I spent enough time watching last night.

I think this current 30 slip is pretty good. It's acceptable. I think I still prefer my method on the TIVO which is to use 3x and press play just as I see the first frame of the show. I am pretty good at that and rarely have to correct where I land. I never used TIVOs skip feature.

I think right now I am content, but would be in fact completely satisfied if the sped up the 30 sec slip by a 1/2 second or so. Either way - watching my shows on the HR20 was much less frustrating last night, than it has been in the past.

· Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
Andrew_J_M said:
Just because they have a patent doesn't mean they will implement it, in fact it could be to our advantage in that the notworks :D can't now patent the same functionality and force anyone to use it.
That's what I was thinking. That perhaps they did this to make it so no one else will - but I doubt it.

If Phillips builds this TV,
there are a few things I know for certain:

1. I will never purchase anything from them again (knowingly, of course).
2. I will not watch any network that uses the technology.
3. My monthly DVR fee entitles me to skip commercials in my mind - which is a big reason I pay that fee.
4. The day I have to pay for the privilege of using the DVR I ALREADY pay for, is the day I turn my TV off permanently. There are lots of good books I've been meaning to read.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.