DBSTalk Forum banner

Remove "A way to opt-in to software updates" from the HR20 Wish List Survey?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 100.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following item is currently on the HR20 Wish List.

A way to opt-in to software updates that have not yet been released nationally

I believe that this item should now be removed from the HR20 Wish List Survay since DirecTV has made windows available for receiving Release Candidate updates. In the interest of fairness, I would like your opinion as well.

The Poll Question is:

Should "A way to opt-in to software updates that have not yet been released nationally" be removed from the HR20 Wish List?

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
It occurrs to me that this is not a "feature" of the HR20, but rather a method of delivering features reliably from Directv (which might better apply across all of their software development strategy). On the wishlist, I would like us to stick to true features of the HR20 solution and exclude short-term delivery expediencies.

Have a most Happy Holiday season!
Tom

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tibber said:
It occurrs to me that this is not a "feature" of the HR20, but rather a method of delivering features reliably from Directv (which might better apply across all of their software development strategy). On the wishlist, I would like us to stick to true features of the HR20 solution and exclude short-term delivery expediencies.

Have a most Happy Holiday season!
Tom
Sounds like you are voting for removal :).

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
brott said:
Sounds like you are voting for removal :).
Yup. I did.

BTW, thanks for doing all this work. It benefits both us and Directv and tells great stories about you.

Merry Christmas, everyone,
Tom

·
Crivens!
768 Posts
While I agree with the sentiment that this is not really a "feature", and that Santa's visits are a very positive sign, I have to note that one or two swallows do not a summer make. I want to keep this idea in front of people until it's clearer that it's part of the process, and not an exception to it.

·
Icon
770 Posts
I wasn't home during the 0x1b window, missed it, and had to wait for the national release. How about some kind of option in the HR20 menu system that would allow me to indicate that I want to receive updates not yet in national release?

·
Godfather
314 Posts
I think it should be removed from the "HR20 Wishlist" and added to the "Directv Policy Changes Wishlist" along with many, many other items :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.