DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Icon
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an automated call from D* saying they now had HR20's in stock & to call to order one now.

I was on the priority waiting list because my current HR20's HDMI output is not working.
So I called & they are shipping me a HR20 today.
Now all of you that have been waiting can look forward to getting yours too.:D

·
5 Posts
I got the same message today on answering machine. Called the first time and was on hold for 15 minutes and hung up (dinner was ready and I was hungry!:lol: ) Called the retention line and got someone in order dept., came back and told me there were still none available and sorry you were contacted. WTF!!! Waited about 5 minutes and then called the number left on the machine and finally got to someone knowledgable and I am now scheduled for saturday the 25th!! YEAH!!! Now I hope that Irionwood does not cancel, they were great when they installed my DVR. :D

·
Icon
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
daryey said:
what is the phone number to call please
I'm at work today & don't have the number, I'll try & find the scrap of paper I wrote it on & put it up tomorrow if no one else does before then.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
I just got the automated message, press one to place an order.

Although I already bougt one from BB I said, what the heck, let's see what they say. Pressed 1 and the line went dead. heh

·
2 Posts
I finally got my area's supplier to get these too but another rescheduled install. They are now telling me that there short on 5 LNB Dishes. WTF!! Dont know if it is a load of *bleep* but I hope they come this Sat. I've been waiting since the 1st week of Sept.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
dakewlndn said:
I finally got my area's supplier to get these too but another rescheduled install. They are now telling me that there short on 5 LNB Dishes. WTF!! Dont know if it is a load of *bleep* but I hope they come this Sat. I've been waiting since the 1st week of Sept.
I called the regular D* line today and the CSR said "They are still on backorder but let me see if you are on the waiting list, yes sir you are still on the waiting list." Jees, great. Then he gave me the website and phone number for the "Priority wait list". It was the same place I registered in the first place. Maybe I'll keep registering over and over. Then I think to myself, maybe I don't want this thing anyway, am I a glutton for punishment? Probably.

·
AllStar
67 Posts
You'll get it a LOT quicker through Circuity City or Best Buy. It still comes with free install.

I ordered mine last Wednesday and had it by Thursday - hooked it up to my Triple LNB dish and am now just waiting for the new dish install on Saturday.

I've been on the Directv waitlist for over 30 days and have had no calls. I jumped on it once they became available online.

·
Icon
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bofurley said:
TheMoose
Do you know when Tulsa MPeg 4 will go on line?
Thanks
All I've heard is it should be up & running by the end of the year.:shrug:

·
Icon
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Called D* & got a tracking number & it's on he truck for delivery today!:D

For the guy that wanted the number to call, I threw out the note I wrote it on & the trash has already been picked up, sorry.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,528 Posts
I received a message on my answering machine too a few days ago. The funny thing is I never had HD thru DirecTV prior and dont remember signing up for any priority list.

It said I had two weeks to call so maybe I will just to see what offer I get.

·
Icon
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well guess what, they sent me a R15 instead of the HR20!!
I'm on hold with custromer service now, lets see what they do now.

They did say the only ones getting the HR20 is those on the priority waiting list.

Edit,
Well they are reshipping the HR20 & they are letting me keep the R15 for free.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
I accosted a D* installer that I saw in my neighborhood today. Asked him about the HR20. He said that he didn't even have any. Said I'd be waiting 3 or 4 weeks on the list. They are waiting for a shipment to. So while I had him I asked him about the unit (quality wise). He said they have had a lot of problems with them. He said there are more bad ones out there than good. He said that one of the problems is that the internal temps get to 134 degrees and that fries the units. He said the next ones should get better, and when asked why he said that all he knew was that they were working on it. I picture my HR20 arriving with a gigantic fan attached to it.

·
Legend
202 Posts
Just got the call today, instal set for tomorrow for HR20. Just had the H20-100 installed on Saturday. I am getting a 151.00 credit on 199.00 new unit. Lets hope they turn the HD locals on soon!

·
2 Posts
Hello All,

I called D* about 3 months back to inquire about the the new HR20, and the availability. They told me that they had no date and just to keep checking back. I applied a little pressure told them I was not happy and was thinking about switching to Dish Net. They offered me 200.00 credit toward the new box when it becomes available, plus 1 year of DVR service and 4 months of HD service.:)

Long story short, I called and advised them I knew it was available and wanted to know why I did not get a call. Service rep was no help, so I got a supervisor, he was no help so I got the Manager of operations. Nice gentleman, he advised he would check and call me back. No call so I called and left a message and I was called back within a couple of hours. The first supervisor I spoke with called me back and said they could not ship me a box directly. He told me I could go to BB and purchase one and they would credit my account with the 200.00 I was already promised, I said the HR20 cost 300.00 at BB. He said no problem, they would increase the credit to 300.00 to cover the additional cost.:) :)

Thanks,
John

·
Icon
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I got the R15 by mistake I went thru several CS agents, it seems that regular CS agents are not allowed to sell or send any HR20's right now, from what I was told only those that already have a HR20 & has problems with it will be getting a new one & only a high level CS agent can send one out.

My HDMI output is the only problem with mine so I've been able to watch HD thru the component output, I'll be waiting till the last day to send my old one back so if the new one takes a dump on me I'll still have one that will work short term.

If all else fails I still have the H20 that I own & a couple of VCR's!:rolleyes:

·
Icon
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My HR20 showed up today!
It is a new unit built 11/11/06 & shipped on 11/15/06.
I'll install it after I watch all the shows I recorded on my old one last night, I don't want to miss my Battlestar Galactica!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.