DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the HR21-100 installed yesterday. Today, as I was watching live TV, the screen went black. I have tried RBR several times, and have tried unplugging and replugging once with no success.

Maybe I'm not giving it enough time. I have given the RBR at least 30 minutes on one occasion.

How long does a normal RBR take?

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
"Red button reset" shouldn't take longer than 10-min. And the DVR will show it's progress while it's resetting. Do you see any on-screen information while it's resetting? Are you sure that the video connection between your DVR and TV is good? And the TV is set to the proper Video Input selection?

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally got it to complete a reboot after unplugging, waiting, and replugging.

The several attempts at RBR (and the first attempt and unplug, replug) it showed "Hello, Your DIRECTV receiver is starting up", then "almost there. A few more seconds please", then "a few more seconds", then a black screen. It never got to the "Step 1 of 2" and "Step 2 of 2".

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.