DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing around with my new receiver and came across the fact that you can turn off the light ring by pressing the left and right arrows at the same time on the ring of the front panel of the receiver. What I am not sure of is should the ring dim or just go off? Mine only seems to toggle between on or off with no lower light setting as I would expect from a dimmer. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Here is what I did:
1) Press and hold left and right arrows on the ring from the front panel
2) Ring Light goes off - release buttons
3) Press and hold the left and right arrows again and the light comes back on to the original brightness

Is there something I am missing here or does the ring just not dim but go on or off? Can this be done using the remote?

· Icon
810 Posts
On my HR20-100, it takes 4 presses to get to 'off'. From full bright, each press seems to dim by about 5 percent (barely discernible) until they go off on the fourth. Press and hold dims by that amount, and nothing else, no matter how long I hold....

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well there was my problem. When I was looking at the ring the dimming was not noticeable to me so I did not think it was working. I was expecting a more noticeable difference in the dimming such as with my Blu-Ray player and Onkyo Receiver.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.