DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have had two HR21s for about two weeks now. One is a HR21-100 and the other is a HR21-700. For some reason, my HR21-100 has been powering itself on about once a day. This is happening when I'm not around (note that I live alone so no one else would be turning it on) so I haven't a clue as to why it's doing it. Can some one help/explain what's going on? Is this normal (but if so, why doesn't my HR21-700 do it)? I sincerely apologize if this is FAQ, but I couldn't find anything about this.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

It sounds like it is rebooting itself. There has been reports of that happening.

One way to tell for sure would be to dim or turn off the circle on the front of the unit. Press the left and right arrows together on the front of the unit. Each press will dim it more and more and on the 4th press it will go off. Leave it sit for a day and if it reboots the light will come back on.

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Michael D'Angelo;1709493 said:
:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

It sounds like it is rebooting itself. There has been reports of that happening.

One way to tell for sure would be to dim or turn off the circle on the front of the unit. Press the left and right arrows together on the front of the unit. Each press will dim it more and more and on the 4th press it will go off. Leave it sit for a day and if it reboots the light will come back on.
Ok, I did turn off the circle light on the front at one point (this is in my bedroom and the light would bother me when it was on) and it turned back on the next day so I guess it's rebooting...sigh...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.