DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had an HR20-700 replaced with an HR21-100 (hoped to get an HR24 but did not). It is networked via whole home DVR and it is connected to the internet (VOD works). Whenenver I try to use the TV apps I have to push the right arrow button several times for the banner to come up. When it does and I open the App store and select any app it freezes up and I have to select "exit" on the remote to get out of it. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this? Should I call and ask for another replacement?

· Registered
24,401 Posts
"kwasnicka" said:
I just had an HR20-700 replaced with an HR21-100 (hoped to get an HR24 but did not). It is networked via whole home DVR and it is connected to the internet (VOD works). Whenenver I try to use the TV apps I have to push the right arrow button several times for the banner to come up. When it does and I open the App store and select any app it freezes up and I have to select "exit" on the remote to get out of it. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this? Should I call and ask for another replacement?
Be more patient. It takes time to pull up the tv aps. Some of it depends on your network speed as well.

· Icon
1,291 Posts
kwasnicka said:
The App store did start to work finally after about a week and I was able to add the apps that I wanted. All seems to work now. Thanks!
I could ADD last night (NCAA football app) but was unable to REMOVE one (NCAA basketball app).

· Cool Member
10 Posts
I had a similar problem on a new install with my 2 HR24's and H25. I just went to the tvapps.directv.com website and added an app on one of the dvr's from there, updated the zip code for the weathre app and they were working on the receivers after that.

· Hall Of Fame
3,254 Posts
TV Apps seem to be pretty flaky on my HR20-700. Works fine for a few days, then I get an "unavailable" notice. Reboot brings back the apps.

Webcam app (Yosemite park, in particular) hosed the TV Apps yesterday. I got the unavailable notice right after I invoked this app.

Network connection is fine. VOD downloads and YouTube work ok when TV Apps are down.

· Cool Member
13 Posts
My apps work on 1 tv but not the other. I do have a connection, i verified that. I reset the receiver, still no apps. I get a listing of the apps, try to add a app & the screen freezes, i have to select exit to get back to the ch i was watching. I emailed Directb 4 days ago, no reply. I have the protection plan & have called them before, they are useless. Any suggestions?

· Icon
518 Posts
MysteryMan said:
TV Apps needs some fine tuning. Weather radar is off line frequently and MLB standings need updating. Same goes for the Active Channel. Lottery results have been down for weeks.
On my HR22-100 Weather radar stopped working long time ago but still there on Directv web site & it still works , Weather ch. php/new shows wrong & old data also & will not update. App store on the HR does not have all the apps that are on the app store on the web site so i can't reload them :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.