DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a receiver, an HR21-100. That unit's replacing an HR21-200 (defective HDMI port).

Does anyone know of any notable differences between these two units? I'd like to think the replacement I've received and have yet to activate, is on par with the unit that’s having problems (less the port issue).

I could live with the flaky HDMI performance of the *200 if I had to…

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
There's no functional difference. The -100 is made by Thomson, the same company that makes RCA electronics. The -200 is made by Samsung.

I'm sure that some users have had different experiences, but the majority of people who have posted about HR21-100 have no problems specific to the manufacturer.

In other words, you should be cool :D

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
Check your 101 tuner 2 signal strengths against tuner 1. There have been a few of those showing up with weaker signals on tuner 2 lately. And FWIW, I don't think there's any longer any manufacturing connection between Thomson, with HQ in France and plants in China, and RCA, based on the Thomson website.

· Hall Of Fame
5,411 Posts
K4SMX said:
Check your 101 tuner 2 signal strengths against tuner 1. There have been a few of those showing up with weaker signals on tuner 2 lately. And FWIW, I don't think there's any longer any manufacturing connection between Thomson, with HQ in France and plants in China, and RCA, based on the Thomson website.
lol i am one of them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.