DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Legend
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently received an HR21-200 to replace an HR21-100. The HR21-200 is doing something the 100 did not do. When I change the channel or stop a recording, the TV it's connected to shows "no signal" for approximately 5 to 10 seconds. I guess the 200 stops sending out a signal when it is switching from one function to another. I am using the HDMI port to the TV. Is this normal or should I be concerned that there is a problem. The HR21-200 is a remanufactured unit.

· 1*
9,917 Posts
"bearcat250" said:
I have recently received an HR21-200 to replace an HR21-100. The HR21-200 is doing something the 100 did not do. When I change the channel or stop a recording, the TV it's connected to shows "no signal" for approximately 5 to 10 seconds. I guess the 200 stops sending out a signal when it is switching from one function to another. I am using the HDMI port to the TV. Is this normal or should I be concerned that there is a problem. The HR21-200 is a remanufactured unit.
That is not normal. There appears to be some sort of a handshake issue with the new DVR. A couple of suggestions... Can you try connecting the DVR Via component to the TV? Also, can you hook the DVR to another TV? Hooking to another TV will help you determine if the issue is the DVR, cable or TV.

- Merg

· Legend
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Merg said:
That is not normal. There appears to be some sort of a handshake issue with the new DVR. A couple of suggestions... Can you try connecting the DVR Via component to the TV? Also, can you hook the DVR to another TV? Hooking to another TV will help you determine if the issue is the DVR, cable or TV.

- Merg
I guess I've got some trouble shooting to do. I don't have a set of componant cables. I do have another TV I can connect to it via HDMI. Don't know when I'll get to this, but I appreciate your help. I'll be in touch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.