DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Legend
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this one for the replacement of a HR20-700. For some reason It will pick up all the HD channels but it won't pick up TNT on channel 75 but it will in the 200's.. it won't pick up ESPN in the 70 but it will in the 200's.. now it will pick up Universal HD in the 70's and the 200's.. I can't seem to get it to pick those up.. Now I can hook up a receiver in the same location and it picks up all the channels.. I have a slimline 5 and I have to use the BBC modules and I have both tuners activated and hooked up.. When I check signal on like Channel 75 TNT.. I think that is the channel number it tuner 2 shows 0percent.. I think it has to be the receiver. Any suggestions..

Thanks

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
Conway said:
I just got this one for the replacement of a HR20-700. For some reason It will pick up all the HD channels but it won't pick up TNT on channel 75 but it will in the 200's.. it won't pick up ESPN in the 70 but it will in the 200's.. now it will pick up Universal HD in the 70's and the 200's.. I can't seem to get it to pick those up.. Now I can hook up a receiver in the same location and it picks up all the channels.. I have a slimline 5 and I have to use the BBC modules and I have both tuners activated and hooked up.. When I check signal on like Channel 75 TNT.. I think that is the channel number it tuner 2 shows 0percent.. I think it has to be the receiver. Any suggestions..

Thanks
When you did the Guided Setup which dish did you choose?

Which dish do you have?

Mike

· Legend
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im sorry i failed to mention that.. I selected slimline 5 Just like my other dvr was set up.. I have the sidecar on the dish. It's the older HD Dish. I think they call it the AU9 Dish

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
Conway said:
im sorry i failed to mention that.. I selected slimline 5 Just like my other dvr was set up.. I have the sidecar on the dish. It's the older HD Dish. I think they call it the AU9 Dish
I don't know for sure but I think that the sidecar dish is a different 5LNB.

Try running the Guided set up again and see if that makes a difference.

Mike

· ΔS > 0
1,963 Posts
The sidecar is the AT9 dish, but it is still a 5LNB. The Slimline is the AU9. I'm assuming that you don't have a multiswitch since you're running 7 tuners, according to your sig.

· Legend
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes that's the one I have.. . I just could not think of the the AT9 Sidecar.. I have 3 HDDVR's and 3 Standard DVR's... One DVR is only using one tuner so I have a grand total of 9 tuners active going through 2 WB switches i believe..

· Registered
5,674 Posts
Conway said:

Thanks
lol, the E* dish and the D* dish have "Crossed the Beams" and are fighting each other :)

· Legend
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok here are the only channels i'm having problems with... I don't understand why! It has to be the box.. Ok the channels are 70,71,73,75,78,80,82. those are the only channels i get 771 searching for satellite.. Both tuners test at 0 percent.. I can put my hr20 700 using the same sat connections they work fine.. this is the only one it does it on.. this receiver I just got this week. Directv don't seem to care it's not working properly.. By the way I can receive all of those channels mentioned above on the mpeg 4 channels in the 200 and 300 channel range. Directv say Oh don't worry those channels are going away soon anyway so you don't need them anyway.. Very frustrating.. The box responds slow to.. and I'v already downloaded new software and reformatted the drive.. so I say it's Broke!!!

· Legend
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My opinion Dave needs to make his receivers just as good as the E VIP 722 I'v had it now since june and not one problem with it.. Except for the 129 signal issue but that has been cleared up now since I am pointed at 61.5 now

· Legend
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My problem has been escalated to "case management" what ever that is. Anyhow I unhooked the receiver. It was giving me problems all weekend where it would just freeze and reboot on it's own and also random 711 error messages.. I just unhooked it and hooked my H20-600 to the tv and that one is working great.. Directv's case management is supposed to call me.. What exactly do they do?

thanks

· Legend
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I spoke with case management and they set me up an appt to have a Supervisor to come out on Wed morning to check my receiver.. They told that he could also replace the receiver if neccessary. I will post more after the tech leaves as far the outcome goes.

· Legend
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tech came and went.. checked cables. Says receiver is bad.. Replaces with New HR22-100.. Works great! So Directv wasted a trip for nothing.. They should have just sent a replacement and save on paying a tech..

· Hall Of Fame
4,266 Posts
Conway said:
Tech came and went.. checked cables. Says receiver is bad.. Replaces with New HR22-100.. Works great! So Directv wasted a trip for nothing.. They should have just sent a replacement and save on paying a tech..
Oh, this wasn't a waste for *you*, though...you got an HR22 which has double the recording capacity of the HR21!

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
rudeney said:
Oh, this wasn't a waste for *you*, though...you got an HR22 which has double the recording capacity of the HR21!
I think he was trying to say they could have saved cost by just shipping an ERP rather then paying a tech to do it.

The reason for the SC is that statically a bad connection causes more problems then a receiver. So in the long run sending out a tech to resolve the issue, should*, always fix the problem. Sending out an erp may have had the same result if it was not the receiver and a tech would have had to come out anyways. Due to the multiple problems they wanted to resolve the issue not delay it.

* Disclaimer as we all know that sometimes a tech doesn't fix the problem when they're out there so figured I'd put that in to stop "I had a tech out that did nothing" replies. It can happen and it sucks for those people.

· Legend
268 Posts
Conway said:
I too have a service call in the works for my 771 issue (though mine is with an HR20-100)--and I was curious if the tech would give me a replacement HR2X receiver or if I'd have to wait for D*'s protection plan to ship me out one.

· Legend
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you know you do have a point about the hard drive size in the HR22.. I didn't even think about that.. So that's great.. I always wished for more recording time..LOL I have to fill that sucker up and see how much it will hold in HD.. Thanks for all of your comments.. It nice to have someplace to vent...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.