DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

Got home from work today and saw an error message on the screen.
Tried to reboot like the message said. My wife said that she had already tried that and it didn't work. So when I tried It went to the same error screen. I called Directv with the diagnostic number and customer service told me I have a dead internal hard drive. He said it is rare but that it does happen. So that sucks. Lost alot of TV that I had recorded. Getting a new HD DVR in three days. Then I pulled the card out of the reciever and saw a burn mark on the picture side. Any ideas as to what that is about?
Thanks.

Attachments

· Mr. FixAnything
27,972 Posts
It's normal (actually its telling me about bad ventilation around the card and whole DVR, if the drive fried too). Small microchip is locating there. Check other side of the card, clean contacts by Isopropanol.

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man has Directv's customer service changed. This is my first dealings with them in over a year and it has not been a very happy experience. On the positive side the HD DVR replacement showed up in a timely fashion. So that was nice. But the guy I talked to didn't even introduce himself to me on the phone. So weird. The guy was not interested in me losing all my shows or the fact that they sent out an older model HD DVR. And that I pay every month for insurance, or whatever its called.
Very disappointed and unhappy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.