DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!!! Just when I thought I couldn't possibly have any more reason to hate this HR21, it goes and gives me another one. I already had an issue with the stupid thing missing recordings a few weeks ago. A reset of the receiver seemed to solve that problem. (HA yeah right!) Now just this past week the stupid thing starts missing recordings AGAIN!! This time the missed recordings actually show in the History. All it says in the History is "Partial" with no explanation for why it's partial or why I don't have the program in my playlist.

So I think to myself "maybe this partial issue is just a one day deal or something". WRONG!! I notice it happening again on shows that are scheduled for tonight. So I decide to restart the unreliable box yet again in hopes it will fix this new problem. It appears to be recording shows again now, but there's a new issue post-restart. The stupid thing randomly deleted shows that were recorded that I had yet to watch.

This thing is so unreliable. Now I have to turn to the internet to find the shows that I've missed thanks to this crappy HR21. I am counting down the days until I can ditch it.

· Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spartanstew said:
It showed as partial for future recordings?
No. First True Blood was scheduled to record at 7:00 PM. Around 9:00 PM or so I looked in the playlist, and surprise it wasn't there. I look in the History, and it says Partial. The To Do List shows it's scheduled to record the repeat at 9:30 PM. Shortly after 9:30 PM I look in the play list, and it's still not there. So I went to the To Do List to cancel it, and restarted the receiver. After the restart I set it to record the 10:00 PM showing on HBO West. It is so frustrating thinking the DVR is going to record my shows, only to find it's missing recordings time and time again.

· Legend
115 Posts
Jack_Skellington said:
I am counting down the days until I can ditch it.
TIIIVVVVVOOOOO!! You and me both my friend!! I miss my tivo more and more when these things happen to me on my HR21-700. I have given up hope on these receivers and it's made me numb to the point where complaining or asking for help, just gives you a perspective from someone else who really can't explain either, why the 50+ problems happen to you , me and any other poor soul who is stuck with this black box of mistrust. I like to compare my HR21-700 to our neighbors kid. You ask him to do something and it's a 50/50 chance it will get done! You ask your HR21 to record something and well, maybe it will and maybe it won't! :hurah:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.