DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Icon
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the HR21 was always buffering (I've no recording in progress) the current channel, even if the unit is/was turned off?

I could have sworn I've tuned on my HR21, half-way into a show, and gone, "Hey, that looks interesting.", and was able to back it up to the beggining...

Am I wrong?

If not, and the reason that prompted this post, is that I turned on my gear, said, "Hey, that looks interesting.", but there was no buffer... I was thinking something to do with the update (0x235 --> 0x255), but I'm willing to chalk this up to learning curve too.

Thanks

PS. Or maybe it's the first power up after the update?

· Registered
5,670 Posts
It should always be buffering on the channel it's last tuned to. Now if you hit a button that changed the channel as you came out of standby, then you'd lose the buffer.

If it happens the next time you come out of standby, try a reboot.

· Icon
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think I did, but who knows...

Now that I know how it should work, I'll pay more attention.

Thanks

· Icon
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it's kinda wierd... Because after this one time, it certainly seems like there is always a buffer... This is only my second update, and the first one happened almost as soon as my newly installed HR21 was turned on (before the installer even left).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.