DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone been happy with their hr22? I see negative reports.
I'm considering ordering one but am interested in reliability compared to hr21. since a replacement due to failure would probably be hr21 I want to be safe.

· Cool Member
26 Posts
David MacLeod said:
I'm considering ordering one but am interested in reliability compared to hr21. since a replacement due to failure would probably be hr21 I want to be safe.
I haven't had any issues with mine. Menus seem a tad bit slower than my HR21-700, but otherwise, it's been trouble-free.

· Registered
2,570 Posts
David MacLeod said:
I have one too. I like it. Reliability has been fine so far. Ni missd recordings for me. I am running ans SWM setup so that may be the only thing different than you, but overall it's been perfect. Having the extra space has been very nice. I haven't gotten below 50% available yet. My other 3 Hrxx's have to be purged regularly :D

· Registered
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the space is the selling point for me too, I know about the negative only which is why I hoped specifically asking might bring out more info.
going to check some more sites and probably order it today before wifey comes to her senses :)

· Registered
2,570 Posts
David MacLeod said:
the space is the selling point for me too, I know about the negative only which is why I hoped specifically asking might bring out more info.
going to check some more sites and probably order it today before wifey comes to her senses :)
It's been fine. It also has both digital audio out points like the Hr21 also. I would rather have my extra space internal. Thats why I have one

· Registered
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, I turned chicken (scared of the wife) and ordered the hr21 due to the promo code and free shipping. that allowed me to buy the sws-8 splitter I forgot yesterday and still stay near where I told the wife it would cost.
I'm a coward. also, I don't pay for PP so with my luck it would break and I'd get a hr21 sent anyway.
now I need to finagle a second am21 somehow.... budget won't allow it right now.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Seriously, the HR22 is the same motherboard as the HR21, it's the same power supply, it's the same everything except the hard drive.

· Icon
654 Posts
Grentz said:
If you have a costco by you it might be worth taking a look. Supposedly they are $169.99 there, so the savings would almost pay for a 1yr membership!
When you get it from Costco, does it come with the BBC's so you are ready to go, or do you have to call Directv to get those?

· Registered
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I notice my hr20-100 is much quiter than my hr21-100, possibly different drive manufacture.
I wasn't sure if drive in hr22 was only difference or not, for some reason I was thinking there was some chipset difference. now I'm just as glad I got the-21 since I have no problems adding e-sata drive(s).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.