DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
DTV just sent me an HR23-700 to replace a non HD receiver that went bad. I had an AM-21 in storage and I pulled it out and hooked it up, but how do I set it up? I looked at the instructions and it says to go to SAT - Antenna, but on the HR23-700 there is just Satellite no antenna.

Thanks,

·
Legend
139 Posts
If I remember correctly, through MENU I went to Parental,Fav's, Setup
System Setup
Sat & Antenna
Antenna setup

Follow the Antenna setup screens entering Zip Code

Good luck

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
And as stated before you have to power up the DVR with the AM21 already plugged into it.

·
Legend
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hooked up the AM-21 and restarted the receiver from the beginning, but when I go to set it up this is what I see: MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > SATELLITE

There is no SAT ANT as on other HD DVR receivers I have.

·
Dad
6,615 Posts
Can you connect the AM21 to one of your HR21's to determine if it is still functional? And try a different USB cable?

If they already had an AM21 connected, then you won't have to power cycle it since you can hot swap them.

·
Godfather
641 Posts
I just added a AM-21 to a HR23-700. Connect your OTA antenna lead to the AM-21. Connect the USB cable between the 21 and the 700. Unplug the 700. Plug in the 21 and then plug in the 700. After it reboots go to set up and go through the antenna setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.