DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've had my HR23-700, I've been able to turn off the blue LED circle on the front panel by pressing both the left and right buttons to dim it until it was off. This was a handy way to instantly tell when the machine had rebooted.

However, since my machine has upgraded to 0x57b (the HD GUI release), this no longer works. I can click both left and right to dim the circle, but it only dims a little (not much) and it won't go all the way off.

Is there still a way to turn this LED off?

Thanks,

·
Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
Make sure you are not on an active channel (red button to see scores or weather) and don't use the right arrow to start the turn off, right arrow loads the apps.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,568 Posts
MarkEHansen said:
Since I've had my HR23-700, I've been able to turn off the blue LED circle on the front panel by pressing both the left and right buttons to dim it until it was off. This was a handy way to instantly tell when the machine had rebooted.

However, since my machine has upgraded to 0x57b (the HD GUI release), this no longer works. I can click both left and right to dim the circle, but it only dims a little (not much) and it won't go all the way off.

Is there still a way to turn this LED off?

Thanks,
It's working fine for HR22; did you try RBR ?

·
AllStar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, thanks. I was able to get it to work. Funny, but every time I've done it before, I just pressed the two buttons and it dimmed all the way to off.

I placed it on one of the local network channels and started with the left button and it worked fine.

·
Difficulty Concen........
7,396 Posts
MarkEHansen said:
Okay, thanks. I was able to get it to work. Funny, but every time I've done it before, I just pressed the two buttons and it dimmed all the way to off.

I placed it on one of the local network channels and started with the left button and it worked fine.
some times by hitting the left one first, you initiate a back action to the last thing you were doing. Then you are waiting for it to pop up before it responds to anything else. If you start with the right one, you may have better luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.