DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HR23-700. Every day around noon, I have had a pixelating problem so I decided to reset using the setup menu. When it started, message that it was downloading new software, then message unsuccessful and it just keeps looping. What is strange is I have the latest software that was downloaded 6-26-12 already installed, so there is no new release. I called Directv and after over an hour on the phone, still no solution. I have tried RBR, unplugging, etc but it won't stop trying to download. Anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

· Premium Member
36,659 Posts
gmidkiff said:
I have a HR23-700. Every day around noon, I have had a pixelating problem so I decided to reset using the setup menu. When it started, message that it was downloading new software, then message unsuccessful and it just keeps looping. What is strange is I have the latest software that was downloaded 6-26-12 already installed, so there is no new release. I called Directv and after over an hour on the phone, still no solution. I have tried RBR, unplugging, etc but it won't stop trying to download. Anyone else experienced this or have a solution?
Not that particular "loop", but I have had a 21 series HR that had a 771 loop. No problems on my other HRs and I changed locations several times and it followed the 21-700 every place I put it. Had it replaced with another 21-700 and that had no signal problems.

The 23-700 is not the best HR D* has put out.

Rich

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
Do you have any other receivers ? Are they working like they are supposed to ?
If you have one working, what is the signal strengths of the satellites ?

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
gmidkiff said:
I have another R22 (I think) and it is working fine. Signal strenth good.
If it were mine.

I would move it to the place where the R22 is working well and hook it up there and see if it will boot up there.

I say this because you mentioned getting pixelation every day on this receiver.

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
Good to hear that it is working now.
Thanks for the update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.