DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mother's HR23-700 died yesterday, after a very long phone call with tech support they are sending her a new receiver the end of this week or the first of next week. Being a good daughter I took the receiver out of my bedroom (HR24-100) for her to use till her new one gets here. I have a very different set up than she does, I have whole home, internet and multi-receivers. My main receiver has the SWiM device. My mother has one HD receiver a dual co-ax cable from the dish that pluged into SAT1 & SAT2 and no SWiM device. When I connected my receiver I am receiving 771a error. I feel sure it has to do with settings but I have no idea where to start. Can someone advise me what to change?

·
Chancellor
9,094 Posts
harleygrl said:
I feel sure it has to do with settings but I have no idea where to start. Can someone advise me what to change?
Yeah, it's in the settings. I'm at work... but hopefully someone else can walk you step by step through the instructions.

~Alan

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
I believe you'll need BBCs because the HR23 doesn't require them, but the 24 will since you're not on a SWM install.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
harleygrl said:
I was looking at the BBCs online, do I need two? One for each line coming from the dish then connect them both to the receiver?
Yes 2. You'll also need to rerun the satellite setup since it came from a SWM setup.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much everyone. I will try the setup this afternoon. Will she be able to watch HDTV without the BBCs? I am trying to locate a local Direct TV shop where I can pick them up otherwise it will be a couple of days to order and that defeats the purpose of setting up my receiver for her.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
harleygrl said:
Thank you so much everyone. I will try the setup this afternoon. Will she be able to watch HDTV without the BBCs? I am trying to locate a local Direct TV shop where I can pick them up otherwise it will be a couple of days to order and that defeats the purpose of setting up my receiver for her.
No, just SD channels. (I think)

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks so much for all your help. I changed the SWM setting and re-configured the receiver and ran the setup and it is working great. No HD but she can watch one channel and record on another. This is a great fix till her new receiver comes later this week. I really appreciate all the good feedback and quick responses. I will start checking in here before I call Direct TV support!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.