DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Godfather
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a tech supervisor out to my house for a trouble shoot. He determined that my hr21-200 was defective , as it was not reading the HD signals through the b-band converters. And yes the b-band was new and yes the multi switch was replaced. He is coming back out tomorrow with the new hr23-(600 if I recall). Does this box exist, if so what is the spec on it? He did mention that the b-bands are buitl into the box.

·
Godfather
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That must be the box I am getting tomorrow. He did say that the NEW boxes had the b-bands built into them. He did say it was an HR23-(not sure about the later part of the #). But I am certain of it.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,969 Posts
As I have been corrected myself:

In fact these receivers do NOT have BBCs built in, but rather don't need them because they have wide-band tuners that were not previously available. The new tuners don't need the 250-750 band shifted; they can decode them as-is.

·
Godfather
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tech/sup will be out at the house today. I will update this thread later. If I can get some pics off I'll add them in. The HR21-200 that I have, hesaid that he has seen alot of issues with them accepting the b-band converster signals. Is there any specs on the hr23-###?

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
stblake10 said:
The tech/sup will be out at the house today. I will update this thread later. If I can get some pics off I'll add them in. The HR21-200 that I have, hesaid that he has seen alot of issues with them accepting the b-band converster signals. Is there any specs on the hr23-###?
At this point, there is not HR23-### .. The H23-600 is a standalone HD receiver that does not require a b-band converter. It is not a DVR. So if the tech brings this out to you, you won't have any way to record. My guess is that you will get an HR22-100, but please do let us know if you get something weird.

·
Godfather
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will report back. It was weird when he stested the two lines feeding the box. One line (both w/b-band) had a high % and the other had 25-30% lower strength. When he removed the b-band from the line that was the weaker the box was fine. Now I assume the hr21-200 is the HDDVR. So what HDDVR box do I have an option of getting, if he said the box he is bringing dies not need the b-bands?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
stblake10 said:
I will report back. It was weird when he stested the two lines feeding the box. One line (both w/b-band) had a high % and the other had 25-30% lower strength. When he removed the b-band from the line that was the weaker the box was fine. Now I assume the hr21-200 is the HDDVR. So what HDDVR box do I have an option of getting, if he said the box he is bringing dies not need the b-bands?
There are plenty of options. They have the HR21-700 Hr21-100 Hr21-200 HR22-100 etc....etc.... Maybe he meant the HR22-100. which I have and does need the BBC's. Let us know what he brings. Many are interested in it

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
stblake10 said:
I know that I am not getting the SWM set up. He is trained on it, but the cost is expensive.
Not that expensive any longer, but policy for D* is not to "upgrade" current customers I believe. User Roberte here can answer that better. The H23 doesn't use BBC's. Rumor has it there may be another HDVR+ comng out in the future that would use that same tech. It just hasn't been seen yet

·
Hall Of Fame
2,483 Posts
So what DVR did you get.

·
Godfather
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a call from the sup. and he said that the box he and I discussed was at the warehouse. He is going to deliver it today. I hope this works. I will reply later this evening.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.