DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Legend
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my hr 20 is giving me a lot of trouble with recording series links and otherwise they wont replace it though they keep telling me theyre working on the problem
 

· Legend
Joined
·
205 Posts
quarrymen1 said:
my hr 20 is giving me a lot of trouble with recording series links and otherwise they wont replace it though they keep telling me theyre working on the problem
They just replaced mine with another HR-20,but since I was able to get my other one working right I did not even take this one out of the box.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tcusta00 said:
Do you have more specifics on the issue? Maybe we can help you here. How full is your hard drive? Have you checked for conflicts? What's the show and time?
i set my dvr to record bb10 on series link on show2 chan 538 it never records the next day when i go to my list its the usual would u like to delete option?? one night about 1am i decided to ckeck and sure the record light was on but when i tuned to the channel it was "searching for satellite" as soon as i disengaged the recording the channel came right back,the same thing happens with one time recording too the same story goes for st tng on sci-fi channel..i have 2 hr20s and its only happening on one when searching for sat comes on i go to my other hr 20 and the channel is fine as it also is fine with my 2 h20s and h21 ..i m at a loss because i know it this particular hr20 700..:confused:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7,910 Posts
quarrymen1 said:
i set my dvr to record bb10 on series link on show2 chan 538 it never records the next day when i go to my list its the usual would u like to delete option?? one night about 1am i decided to ckeck and sure the record light was on but when i tuned to the channel it was "searching for satellite" as soon as i disengaged the recording the channel came right back,the same thing happens with one time recording too the same story goes for st tng on sci-fi channel..i have 2 hr20s and its only happening on one when searching for sat comes on i go to my other hr 20 and the channel is fine as it also is fine with my 2 h20s and h21 ..i m at a loss because i know it this particular hr20 700..:confused:
So sorry, I lost track of this thread... are you still having the issue?

It sounds to me from your description above that you have bad BBCs. Try swapping the BBCs from the good HR20 to the bad one and see if the problem follows the BBCs. If so, it's the BBCs. You can order them from DirecTV for free.

If not, try swapping the entire HR20s and see if the problem stay with the room or follows the HR20.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,787 Posts
tcusta00 said:
So sorry, I lost track of this thread... are you still having the issue?

It sounds to me from your description above that you have bad BBCs. Try swapping the BBCs from the good HR20 to the bad one and see if the problem follows the BBCs. If so, it's the BBCs. You can order them from DirecTV for free.

If not, try swapping the entire HR20s and see if the problem stay with the room or follows the HR20.
Which if he had an HR23 he would have to get DirecTV to replace his HDDVR because the BBC's are inside.This to me shows a very good reason for DirecTV NOT to bring out a HDDVR with built in BBCs.:nono2:
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
41,526 Posts
Jhon69 said:
Which if he had an HR23 he would have to get DirecTV to replace his HDDVR because the BBC's are inside.This to me shows a very good reason for DirecTV NOT to bring out a HDDVR with built in BBCs.:nono2:
True, but with more and more SWM installs, it would have zero impact. :)
 

· I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
11,448 Posts
Jhon69 said:
Which if he had an HR23 he would have to get DirecTV to replace his HDDVR because the BBC's are inside.This to me shows a very good reason for DirecTV NOT to bring out a HDDVR with built in BBCs.:nono2:
I have no specific first-hand knowledge, but the rumor is that the HR23 (if it exists) will have wide-band satellite tuners installed. It can natively decode and process signals without needing them to be shifted by a converter. Hence, no need for BBCs at all.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,787 Posts
LameLefty said:
I have no specific first-hand knowledge, but the rumor is that the HR23 (if it exists) will have wide-band satellite tuners installed. It can natively decode and process signals without needing them to be shifted by a converter. Hence, no need for BBCs at all.
If that's true,good deal!.But built in BBCs to me that's a bad idea.;)
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,136 Posts
LameLefty said:
I have no specific first-hand knowledge, but the rumor is that the HR23 (if it exists) will have wide-band satellite tuners installed. It can natively decode and process signals without needing them to be shifted by a converter. Hence, no need for BBCs at all.
Thats always been my understanding. The tuner actually just tunes it directly and doesn't needed it shifted anymore so No bbc needed. Calling it an integrated BBC is just a simple way to explain why the bbc isn't needed anymore.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top