DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the rumor of the HR24-100 model retirement because of its fan issue is no longer true.

As my HR24-100 with a defective fan was just replace with another HR24-100. But they don't want the defective HR24-100 back. I even had to convince 'em to send out an envelope for the access card.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
10,120 Posts
Drucifer said:
Well the rumor of the HR24-100 model retirement because of its fan issue is no longer true.

As my HR24-100 with a defective fan was just replace with another HR24-100. But they don't want the defective HR24-100 back. I even had to convince 'em to send out an envelope for the access card.
I have a perfectly good one that I deactivated because I wanted to cut down on my bill. They did not want it back. I did have to send the card back.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,632 Posts
jimmie57 said:
I have a perfectly good one that I deactivated because I wanted to cut down on my bill. They did not want it back. I did have to send the card back.
I deactivated two 24-100s that were leased recently and got plastic bags with shipping labels to send them to someplace in Massachusett. I guess that's where they're destroyed. Shame, nothing wrong with them.

Rich
 

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
Joined
·
2,609 Posts
I had another one of my HR24-100's overheat because of the fan (a beveled one in this IRD). I pulled out one of my 6 spare fans I bought from Alibaba last year and she was back up and running in no time, and no lost recordings.


Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
codespy said:
I had another one of my HR24-100's overheat because of the fan (a beveled one in this IRD). I pulled out one of my 6 spare fans I bought from Alibaba last year and she was back up and running in no time, and no lost recordings.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk
What's the fan part number?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drucifer said:
Well the rumor of the HR24-100 model retirement because of its fan issue is no longer true.

As my HR24-100 with a defective fan was just replace with another HR24-100. But they don't want the defective HR24-100 back. I even had to convince 'em to send out an envelope for the access card.
Still haven't got the return envelope for the Access Card.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top