DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning behind the TV setup the other day and just for the hell of it, plugged the phone line in to my HR24-200 to see if the caller ID function works. It works, but then I realized that my DSL no longer works.

For some reason, when the HR24-200 is plugged into my phone line, it causes the DSL to drop signal every 50 secs, the DSL modem resets, then comes back on and then drops. I watched this pattern and it works like clockwork. Guess I'll just leave the phone line disconnected again. Anyone else ever seen this weird phenomenon?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
"n3ntj" said:
I was cleaning behind the TV setup the other day and just for the hell of it, plugged the phone line in to my HR24-200 to see if the caller ID function works. It works, but then I realized that my DSL no longer works.

For some reason, when the HR24-200 is plugged into my phone line, it causes the DSL to drop signal every 50 secs, the DSL modem resets, then comes back on and then drops. I watched this pattern and it works like clockwork. Guess I'll just leave the phone line disconnected again. Anyone else ever seen this weird phenomenon?
You need a dsl filter on the phone line to the HR24.

·
Godfather
413 Posts
Doubt this is related but my dvrs are plugged in my phone as well I don't have DSL but I have Vonage and I can hear certain interference FM radio stations maybe they're DirecTV channels through the phone would a filter fix that?

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
As others have stated, you have to use a dsl filter just like you do with every jack you are using with an actual phone plugged into it. This is exactly what happens when you have a bad dsl filter or none at all.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I do have an extra DSL filter.. didn't think of that. Will give it a try. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.