DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Since my HR24/500 got the new HDGUI (0x57b) it randomly changes to channel 230. You could be watching live or a recording and it will just switch on its own. If you are watching a recording and press the 'Prev' button it will not go back to the recording but the previous live channel.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
That is an odd one. Have you tried simply restarting the receiver?

·
8 Posts
I've got 2 HR24's and both of them change channels to the last channel they were on. Just this morning I realized they both did it at exactly the same time. I've noticed it happening since the new HDGUI update. Only today did I realize they were both doing it at the same exact time. They went to different channels, but each went to the last channel they were on at exactly the same time, twice about 30 minutes apart. I was at my parents house the other day and their HR24's did the same thing. I can't believe more people aren't seeing this. I haven't tried rebooting but I will right now.

·
Godfather
593 Posts
I had seen this thread earlier, I thought how odd...

I am currently watching the Today show recorded and it had not finished yet, my HR24-500 in the living room just went to ch 396 ABC east all on its own. SWM 3 lnb, broadband enabled/deca.

What is SHEF??

Im using my remote in the default it came in, just set for tv etc. Not sure what IP control is either.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
upmichigan said:
I had seen this thread earlier, I thought how odd...

I am currently watching the Today show recorded and it had not finished yet, my HR24-500 in the living room just went to ch 396 ABC east all on its own. SWM 3 lnb, broadband enabled/deca.

What is SHEF??

Im using my remote in the default it came in, just set for tv etc. Not sure what IP control is either.
SHEF is a routine/program to control your receiver through the network.

Now I'm watching the today show right now, but "live" on my HR24 with DECA and it hasn't changed.
Were you watching a recording that stopped and sent you back to "live" TV which was ABC?

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
upmichigan said:
Was watching Today recorded, 15 minutes left. It then switched to ABC ch 396. Was able to "resume" the Today show where it left off.
That's what I got out of reading your post, which means this wasn't really a channel change, but an interrupted playback of a recording, "it sounds like".

·
Godfather
593 Posts
It appears that ch 396 ABC was a channel I previously recorded on...how is it that program was interrupted? There are no programs on any of three dvrs recording. I never touched the remote.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
upmichigan said:
It appears that ch 396 ABC was a channel I previously recorded on...how is it that program was interrupted? There are no programs on any of three dvrs recording. I never touched the remote.
I don't have an answer as to how, but was merely trying to point out how it was different than this threads topic about when they do randomly change channels while watching "live TV".

·
Godfather
433 Posts
Both my HR24-500 (HD gui) and HR34 (SD gui) do some funny things on their own. Jumping back (more than half an hour) in paused play of a recorded program. Auto exit from a playing recorded program to live TV like the OP sees. Start playing a paused recorded program, sometimes at the paused point, sometimes from the beginning, sometimes jumping back a long way. No audio on channels in the 600s. Just a bunch of random things you don't command. This is not your father's TiVo (or in my case your Grandfather's TiVo)

Using plain old IR control.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.