DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mentor
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have HR24-500 hooked up now to a Samsung HT 6500W via HDMI. This may be the first time I have a Dolby Digital capable receiver.

What is frustrating, is if I have HR24 output set to Dolby Digital, I get a 2 second delay before the Audio starts after pause, RW, etc. It also looks like the audio is slightly behind the video in a lip synch issue. Which I can't correct because the synching correction goes the other way to delay it even further!

Is this a problem with the HR24 or the Samsung HTIB?

This also happens when connecting the audio through Optical out instead of using the HDMI.

If I set the HR24 output to PCM there is no problem but of course the sound is not as good.

I see some earlier threads on HR20's having this type of problem back in 08. Has this never been fixed on the HR24's?

·
Godfather
433 Posts
Dolby digital on the HR24 and the HR34 is pretty problematic. Every time I try to play an SD recording on the HR24 I have to cycle the inputs on the HR24 to get any audio at all. And from time to time the HR34 has the background without voices. Have to shake the 34 to get the voices to come in. Only on recorded content. The in between HD GuI had it fixed but now it is back again with the latest NR. So frustrating.

Last night the HR24 did the same thing. Audio cut out totally after being on when the system was turned on. Recorded programs had background but no voices. Had to reset the HR24 twice to get audio working again. First reset did nothing for it. Did we get a another HD GUI downgrade recently?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.