DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HR24-500 won't get past step 1: searching for satellite signal! I have left it several times for an hour and it still stays there. (No error messages pop out) it worked perfectly for 6-7 months.....can someone please help me fix this problem?! I have already hold down the red button and I have tried every other common solution !!! Please Help.

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
Try leaving it unplugged over night.

However, check the cable run right up to the dish, and note if the dish could have been bumped or otherwise misaligned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have left it unused for a month already. I'm sure that the dish is perfect because I have a D12-100 (DVR) and it works perfectly.....
P.s I would use the HR24-500 for my living room tv & the D12-100 for my bedroom tv.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
Hmmm, the D12 is not a DVR. But what ever that receiver is, is it working? if so

Try swapping this "bad" Receiver with one of your good Receivers. If the problem stays with the "bad" Receiver, you can be pretty sure it's defective. If the problem stays in its room, then something might be wrong with the satellite coax cable feeding that room. . Let us know what you find.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
Jorgevega10 said:
The HR24-500 doesn't work in either room
Press the DASH key on your remote control, does the pop up message indicates "SWM: CONNECTED"?

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
Jorgevega10 said:
I have left it unused for a month already. I'm sure that the dish is perfect because I have a D12-100 (DVR) and it works perfectly.....
P.s I would use the HR24-500 for my living room tv & the D12-100 for my bedroom tv.
That the D12 works doesn't mean your dish might not be peaked up properly. And unused is not the same as de-powered!

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
Call D* and get a service call. There's no reason to suffer, just make the call and let them handle it. It might be a bad unit, it might be the phase of the moon...all you're gonna get are a lot of suggestions that will have you going in six different directions at once. Make the call and get the problem resolved properly. There are just too many things it could be for us to really help you.

Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.