DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject sort of says it all. I went on vacation last week. Got home Sunday and couldn't power on my STB. RBR solved it. Next day, same problem. And again today. I can power off and on now, but from one day to the next hangs the box. Any thoughts?

·
Godfather
433 Posts
Is it the new software with (useless) power save? Are you turning it off with the remote?

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I turn it off using my Harmony remote, as I always have before. Couldn't turn it on using the Harmony, the D* remote, or the front of the STB.

I turned off power save last night before I powered off. I'll see if that helps when I get home tonight. Will post later.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
RichYak said:
No difference left on. Still needed a RBR to use it tonight. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Before you give up try this: Stop using the red button and just pull the power cord out of the wall. Let it sit for a few minutes, or a few hours if you can. Then plug it in and let it reboot. Make sure you have the Power Saver option in the Menu turned off.

If that doesn't work, I guess you do need a replacement. But, if the 500 works correctly after doing the above, I'd keep it. God only knows what they'd send as a replacement.

Rich

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I pulled the plug the first day I found it frozen, but only for a second or two. Since then, I've been using the red button.

Is there any way to re-load the software onto the STB? Maybe it's not the hardware, but software install problem instead.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
RichYak said:
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I pulled the plug the first day I found it frozen, but only for a second or two. Since then, I've been using the red button.
When you pull the plug, wait at least 30 seconds to plug it back in.

Is there any way to re-load the software onto the STB? Maybe it's not the hardware, but software install problem instead.
Yeah, there is a way, but I wouldn't do it. I'd wait for the next NR to fix the issue. An NR caused it and that usually means an NR will fix it.

My 20-700 that I use in another room keeps looking like its GUI is gonna explode, but it stops as quickly as it starts.

Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.