DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AllStar
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just got This Recievier Replaced recently

from HR24-100 to HR24-500 due to the previous one was overheating, even in over air shelf below our main/dead DLP 65 Inch Mitsubshi Television, so temporarily using a another tv on a stand in front of the 65 inch, anyways when try to change channels with that remote even with fresh batteries it barely will turn the channels. Anything can do to get this working better, or should I call Directv for Remote Replacement if covered with Protection plan?
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
10,120 Posts
Before you call them, use your TV remote and turn the TV off.
Now change channels several times and see if the response is better.
If it is you are getting IR interference from the TV.
If your remote is RF capable you can switch to RF mode and eliminate this problem.

What is the exact model number of the remote you have ?
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remote Model is RC65X it says on the remote

I will check that out, and see if changes better with tv off, and see if it's RF capable as well...didn't have much issues before we had to use the smaller tv on a table in front of the 65 inch, currently can't afford replacement bulb for the 65 inch DLP, i'm kinda wondering if it's the table interfering with the DVR or the DVD player underneath the tv. Philips DVD Player connected to the temporary tv as well
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
10,120 Posts
bikemanAMD said:
Remote Model is RC65X it says on the remote

I will check that out, and see if changes better with tv off, and see if it's RF capable as well...didn't have much issues before we had to use the smaller tv on a table in front of the 65 inch, currently can't afford replacement bulb for the 65 inch DLP, i'm kinda wondering if it's the table interfering with the DVR or the DVD player underneath the tv. Philips DVD Player connected to the temporary tv as well
Your remote is not RF capable. If it was it would be a model number RC65RX.
If it works better with the TV off you can call them and tell them you have to have a remote that you can use RF so that they send you the right type.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
341 Posts
Opposite issue here! Just got an HR24-500 to replace an HR24-100 that got zapped in our last storm. EVERYTHING in the cabinet is new. TV, Receiver, ...

I have an RC64RB and when in RF mode, I get double, triple, or more entries on most every button push. Works fine in IR mode but IR mode won't work in my setup. I've seen this posted other places from a couple years ago and can't tell if it is systemic to the HE24-500 or just prone to cetain ones that need to be replaced. I'm sure what they sent me was a refurn as the original software listed in the menu is 0x59E.

I've tried the reset, reboot, switch to RF, reboot suggested in other threads and there's no change.

Also get random audio drops but haven't narrowed it down the to receiver or maybe the AM21. It' the only pre-storm item still in the cabinet :)

Any thoughts????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,632 Posts
rakstr said:
Opposite issue here! Just got an HR24-500 to replace an HR24-100 that got zapped in our last storm. EVERYTHING in the cabinet is new. TV, Receiver, ...

I have an RC64RB and when in RF mode, I get double, triple, or more entries on most every button push. Works fine in IR mode but IR mode won't work in my setup. I've seen this posted other places from a couple years ago and can't tell if it is systemic to the HE24-500 or just prone to cetain ones that need to be replaced. I'm sure what they sent me was a refurn as the original software listed in the menu is 0x59E.

I've tried the reset, reboot, switch to RF, reboot suggested in other threads and there's no change.

Also get random audio drops but haven't narrowed it down the to receiver or maybe the AM21. It' the only pre-storm item still in the cabinet :)

Any thoughts????
I've got two 24-500s that went batty on RF. Had to change to IR and never changed them back. Been quite awhile and no problems in IR. Why can't you use IR?

Rich
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
83 Posts
I just had a HR24 installed yesterday and the installer gave us a new RF controller that would double and triple on a key press. I already had one that I got online a while ago, both are RC64RB, and the one I got online works fine. The installer was rather puzzled about getting two RF controllers working on one DVR and told me that he knew of no way to do that. Of course there is.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,632 Posts
scr said:
I just had a HR24 installed yesterday and the installer gave us a new RF controller that would double and triple on a key press. I already had one that I got online a while ago, both are RC64RB, and the one I got online works fine. The installer was rather puzzled about getting two RF controllers working on one DVR and told me that he knew of no way to do that. Of course there is.
HR24-xxx?

Rich
 

·
Genius.
Joined
·
20,073 Posts
scr said:
I just had a HR24 installed yesterday and the installer gave us a new RF controller that would double and triple on a key press. I already had one that I got online a while ago, both are RC64RB, and the one I got online works fine. The installer was rather puzzled about getting two RF controllers working on one DVR and told me that he knew of no way to do that. Of course there is.
Rookie...
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top