DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Icon
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've noticed over the past week or so that the picture is not fluid and seems to jerk just a little occasionally. It looks like it is dropping a frame or two here or there. This is on an HR24 playing OTA recordings from another HR24. They are using a SWiM/DECA network.

I'm not certain if it is exclusively an MRV problem or a more general issue with the HR24 box, but using MRV is the only time I've noticed it.

On one occasion, it started behaving so badly and stopped responding so I rebooted both boxes to get it working again.

Without knowing more about exactly how MRV operates, I'd say it could be a networking issue or it could be that either/both boxes are unable to keep up with processor demands to run smoothly.

I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
Well you haven't listed the exact models, but I MRV OTA through DECA without issues.
If your DECA network is a problem, running a system test on a 24 [or higher] should report a error for it.

·
Icon
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, VOS. I'll try running a system test later. I'm not convinced it's a networking issue - haven't had any trouble using MRV for OTA going the other direction between these two boxes. Both are HR24-500s.

This has just started happening within the last week or so and nothing has changed as far as equipment or connections. I half suspect that it is an issue of the box not having enough processing power to keep up with demand and therefore losing a frame here and there. I rebooted again last night, so will keep an eye on it tonight and see if it happens again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.