DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Hr24 receivers that were networked together. I decided to hook up my router via ether net so I could use OnDemand. At first I couldn't get the box in the living room to read the Internet. Ended up hitting the magic little red button and finally got Internet connection. BUT I have lost my network btwn living room Hr24 and bedroom hr24. Called Dtv & they tried to get my to buy $100 equipment cinema kit. Which IMO is ridiculous. Is there a way to have both Internet and network my hr24s together?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would need a very very long ethernet line... the link for the connection kit mentioned it would pug into my router and then into an open port on my sws. Idk for sure but I think I don't have an open port. Including pic of the thing I think doesn't have an open port. Excuse my noobness

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
That's a 4-way splitter that happens to be missing a termination on the 3rd output port.

"I might" get two of the 2-way splitters [shown before] and use one in place of that 4-way, then add the other near the receiver that has ethernet.
If you could connect a coax to that open port of the 4-way, and run it near your router, then "all you need to do is"... [famous last words]
connect the CCK kit to this new coax and your router.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Lydia93257 said:
I have 2 Hr24 receivers that were networked together. I decided to hook up my router via ether net so I could use OnDemand. At first I couldn't get the box in the living room to read the Internet. Ended up hitting the magic little red button and finally got Internet connection. BUT I have lost my network btwn living room Hr24 and bedroom hr24. Called Dtv & they tried to get my to buy $100 equipment cinema kit. Which IMO is ridiculous. Is there a way to have both Internet and network my hr24s together?
You'll need a DECA for the router.

Plugging an Ethernet cable to a HR24 will disable it's built-in DECA. With its DECA off, it can't communicate with your other HR24.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
Or conversely you can connect both HR24 With Ethernet skippin DECA altogether

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have bought received and installed the cinema connection kit. Installed it onto the open port on my four way swim splitter and power and into my router. Turned it on a presto whamo! Both receivers are sharing Playlist and internet. I have reinstated my network and not have Internet on both my hr24's. Thanks so much for the guidance! Yay it worked

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.