DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Icon
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hide all PPV and Premiums to which I don't subscribe. Is there any way to do it?

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Yes, you need to set up a favorites list, press the yellow button and select 'Change favotires list', then 'Edit Settings' then pick one of the two available lists and create a list that doesn't include any channels you don't want to see in the guide.

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
cebbigh said:
I would like to hide all PPV and Premiums to which I don't subscribe. Is there any way to do it?
Yes, as described by RAD.

However, you will still be able to direct enter a channel not in that list...e.g. is you have ch244 excluded from your favorites list but enter 244 on the number pad it will tune to that channel.

You can't actually see any channel in the guide when you're on a favorites list but you can still get to them.

Mike

·
Icon
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the answers but what I'd like to do is hide certain channels like you can do with adult channels so it is like they do not exist to begin with (and not resorting to use of a boolean search string). I don't think there is, at least I haven't found one. But maybe someone else has. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
8,489 Posts
A Customized Favorite Channel List is the way to go, in fact it is one of the First Things I do when I am setting up a new DVR in my house.

You will from time to time have to add new channels as they are introduced by Directv so be aware of that. Normally I find out about those New Channels right here at DBSTALK.COM!!

·
Hall Of Fame
2,136 Posts
No you can not limit the searches to only channels you receive or a custom favorites list. This is apparently by design as they want you to find the shows on channels you don't get and consider upgrading your plan to get those channels.

·
Icon
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both search and guide. I do know about the favorites lists and restrictions you can place on searches. I'm fairly knowledgeable about general use of the HR2x but was hoping someone might know a way I was missing. Like hiding an adult channel so it is as if the channel does not exist. The reason I want to do this doesn't have anything to do with censoring content either. I'm just trying to simplify things.

·
Icon
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
evan_s said:
No you can not limit the searches to only channels you receive or a custom favorites list. This is apparently by design as they want you to find the shows on channels you don't get and consider upgrading your plan to get those channels.
Ah, thanks. I suspected as much. That's a shame. I was hoping they might have a secret code or something for the truly determined. :)

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
There is a way to hide adult stuff within parental controls. It's under Adult Channels.

·
Icon
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stuart Sweet said:
There is a way to hide adult stuff within parental controls. It's under Adult Channels.
Yes, and that is exactly what I want to do. Except I'd like to expand it to channels of my own choosing to simplify how I navigate my dvr. Didn't think there was but thought I'd check with the experts. :)

·
Icon
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. That's that then. :)

I'll cross my fingers for a future software release. But maybe I'm the only one who wants it.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,136 Posts
cebbigh said:
Thanks. That's that then. :)

I'll cross my fingers for a future software release. But maybe I'm the only one who wants it.
You are not the only one who is interested but I wouldn't hold your breath. This seems to be "as designed" so that you see the channels you don't get to encourage you to get them. With that said maybe we'll see slight improvements like getting DNS channels removed since the vast majority of people can't get them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.