DBSTalk Forum banner

Did your HR2X require a restart/rbr on 10/6? (Thanks to Ken S for the poll)

• Yes, all of my HR2x required a restart/rbr.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, some of my HR2x required a restart.

Votes: 1,955 87.8%
  • No, all of my HR2x were operating properly.

Votes: 211 9.5%
  • Restart/RBR didn't work I have to call DirecTV for help

Votes: 61 2.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1578 Posts

· AllStar
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had to do a red button reset on all 3 of our DVRs over the past hour to get them to come on. The affected items were a HR20-700, an HR21-200 and an HR21-100. No power surges detected and all three are on Panamax power centers. Has anybody had an issue with their DVRs this morning? Rather strange...

Stuart Sweet said:
Mod Edit: As this is post #1 in this thread, here's an update for those who came in late:

Some sort of issue caused lockups for close to 90% of DVR users on Monday. This was not due to a network connection or any particular setup. It was an issue on the DIRECTV end.

DIRECTV acted as quickly as possible to solve the problem and that included, for some people, forced reboots initiated from a satellite command.

Some people have found that they had to pull the plug for 15 minutes to get full function back, but that's rare. For most people a red-button-reset was all it took.

DIRECTV knows what caused the issue and has addressed it. There is very little chance that you'll need to address it further.

An e-mail was sent out as a courtesy. We all agree that it could have been sent sooner but it wasn't. It was sent as soon as the issue was completely under control.

Bottom line, what happened Monday, is Monday's news. Today is Wednesday.

· Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
One of my HR20-700's was dead this morning, would not power on, had to pull the plug to get it to reboot. It came up fine, all seems to be well except all of my favorite lists were wiped clean. It is on a UPS, there was no software update indicated. This is the first hard reset I have had to do in well over a year.

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Both my HR20-100 units were dead this morning. I had to do red-button restarts to get them going. I didn't have time to check recordings, to-do list, etc. I can only hope they are OK.

· Legend
268 Posts
All 3 HR21's (1 with an AM21) and Both of my HR20-XXX's were SNAFU'D this AM.

POS.....I'm starting to get AWFULLY tired of this crap....albeit different crap week in and week out.

Crap is crap.....:mad:

· Registered
14,539 Posts
JAYPB said:
All 3 HR21's (1 with an AM21) and Both of my HR20-XXX's were SNAFU'D this AM.

POS.....I'm starting to get AWFULLY tired of this crap....albeit different crap week in and week out.

Crap is crap.....:mad:
Considering how wide-spread this seems to be, I wouldn't go on a little "POS" tirade about the unit...This seems like a Directv issue. I've been extremely happy with 2 HR20s for 2 years now.

· Icon
669 Posts
sticketfan said:
both my 100 and 700 had to be reset by pulling the plugs on both, even the red button reboot didnt work. both machines were locked up..
Same thing here... I also have an HR20-100 and an HR20-700!!!

I came home this AM and they were both on and had video but were unresponsive to both remote and front panel commands.

I did an RBR on both of them and they both locked up at 97% and I waited a LONG time.

Thankfully pulling the plug seemed to do the job...

But seriously What the heck is going on???

· Icon
669 Posts
Seriously the stability of the HR20-xxx has been a joke since the last national update. If this was an attempt to push out new version they certainly botched this for sure!!!

· Registered
14,539 Posts
funhouse69 said:
Seriously the stability of the HR20-xxx has been a joke since the last national update. If this was an attempt to push out new version they certainly botched this for sure!!!
Not for everyone.

· Registered
5,674 Posts
oddly enough my hr20-100 wasn't affected, only hy hr21-100. the hr20 was beibg watched until 1230 last night, wonder if this only affected units that were in standby at midnight.

· Mentor
50 Posts
Ditto, HR20 and HR21. My HR20 was on and seemingly working. An attempt to rewind live TV caused it to go haywire and stop responding. RBR fixed both units.

1 - 20 of 1578 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.