DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newb question. finally upgraded to HD and got the HR22-200 installed, the unit reboots itself after each time it powers off, reboot takes over 5 minutes each time. Other than not turning off the unit is there a way to prevent this, and is a 5 minute reboot normal?

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Pressing the "power" button on the front should only put the unit in standby - they never turn off.

If you are truly powering the unit "off" by maybe using an external power switch, don't do that. If all you're doing is pressing the "power" button on the front of the unit or remote, then you have a problem.

also, if you have the unit plugged into a ups or surge protector that has outlets that work only when something is plugged into and turned on in a master control outlet, don't do that.

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, all i am doing is pushing the power off button on the remote. There are times when it will turn back on without rebooting, but it seems like if it is off for more than 5-10 minutes it reboots when turning the power back on. Any suggestions on how to resolve?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
onetimeonly00 said:
newb question. finally upgraded to HD and got the HR22-200 installed, the unit reboots itself after each time it powers off, reboot takes over 5 minutes each time. Other than not turning off the unit is there a way to prevent this, and is a 5 minute reboot normal?
When you say "powers off" do you mean you put it in "standby" or do you pull the cord? "Standby" is not really "off". "Off" is pulling the cord. When you go into "standby", the HR is still running. If it is rebooting each time you put it into the "standby" mode, there is something wrong with the HR.

I've never used a stopwatch and timed a reboot, but they do seem to take forever. The 21s seem to reboot faster than the 20s, but that might be my imagination.

I can't reboot my 21-700 right now, it is recording something, but I will reboot it later and time it. If I can remember.

Rich

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
rich584 said:
I've never used a stopwatch and timed a reboot, but they do seem to take forever. The 21s seem to reboot faster than the 20s, but that might be my imagination.

I can't reboot my 21-700 right now, it is recording something, but I will reboot it later and time it. If I can remember.

Rich
my 20 is approx 8 min and my 21 is just over 5 usually.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
onetimeonly00 said:
Checked all my wires last night, everything seemed to be tight, but we'll see how it goes over the next day or two.

As an update I have the HR22-100 not -200.
Belong to the Protection Plan? You probably won't get a 22 back if you need a replacement if you don't.

Rich

·
AllStar
63 Posts
rich584 said:
Belong to the Protection Plan? You probably won't get a 22 back if you need a replacement if you don't.
Rich
HUH - :rolleyes:
-
-

EQUAL TO - OR BETTER THAN especially when the differences are that dramatic 50 hours of HD recording (older HR's) vs 100 hours anything but an HR22 is a step down -

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.