DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Legend
Joined
·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest HR34 bug issue is that the 30SKIP keeps "resetting" back to 30SLIP after about a day or two. I enable the 30SKIP and it works fine then when I go to watch something the next day or so, I see that the skip button has reverted back to the 30SLIP default. I then have to go through setting up the 30SKIP again.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not 100%, but when it does reset, the guide data takes a day or two to repopulate and I see that I have about 2 weeks of guide data.

And if it was resetting then that would also be a (worse) bug.
 

· Large Member
Joined
·
4,792 Posts
Unless it resets 2x within around an hour it shouldn't lose the guide data. 30SKIP does fall off when it reboots. I'm sure that will eventually be fixed. While anything is possible my guess is that it has rebooted and you just didn't know. The other possibility is that you might have a poltergeist doing a "30SLIP" just to prank you. :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,607 Posts
It should not be rebooting unless you tell it to, or unless you get a new software update.

Typically causes of random resets include:
* Poor AC power quality. Be sure the AC power cord is properly inserted at both ends. How old is your home's electrical wiring? Powering the DVR using a UPS instead of a surge protector is highly recommended.
* Overheating. Is your DVR in an enclosed cabinet? Could the fan be dirty or blocked?
* Dying hard drive.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
880 Posts
litzdog911 said:
Are you certain that your HR34 isn't rebooting itself? It would be hard to tell unless you caught it in the act.
Not sure if this is doable on an HR34, but a trick I use on my HR2x receivers, to tell if a receiver rebooted is to turn off the front blue ring light. When the receiver reboots, the ring light will turn back on.
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
60 Posts
I hate to dig up an old thread, but I'm encountering the same issues, i.e., 30skip constantly reverting to 30slip.

The HR34 is brand-spanking new (only 1 month). I change to 30skip, but when I turn on the TV the next time, it's reverted back to 30slip. I've seen no evidence of resetting or faulty hardware, but as some noted, it's difficult to know anything for certainty. All I can say with certainty is that it's happened about 6 times, and I've never see the guide resetting.

Does anyone know what might be happening?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,423 Posts
liquidsense said:
I hate to dig up an old thread, but I'm encountering the same issues, i.e., 30skip constantly reverting to 30slip.

The HR34 is brand-spanking new (only 1 month). I change to 30skip, but when I turn on the TV the next time, it's reverted back to 30slip. I've seen no evidence of resetting or faulty hardware, but as some noted, it's difficult to know anything for certainty. All I can say with certainty is that it's happened about 6 times, and I've never see the guide resetting.

Does anyone know what might be happening?
If you've gone from 30 skip to 30 slip I can say with certainty that your unit has rebooted.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
11 Posts
Not sure if this is related, but my HR34 will not count up skips or slips. On the HR24 when I rapidly push the advance button it will count up how many times to skip or slip ahead, the HR34 only allows 1 press at a time and then flashes when I try to add more. Anyone else seen this?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,423 Posts
Jefmedia said:
Not sure if this is related, but my HR34 will not count up skips or slips. On the HR24 when I rapidly push the advance button it will count up how many times to skip or slip ahead, the HR34 only allows 1 press at a time and then flashes when I try to add more. Anyone else seen this?
Not stacking slips is a known issue. Skips do get stacked. For instance when using 30Skip and pressing the button 5 times you do skip ahead 2.5 minutes. What may be confusing you is the progress bar comes up for 30Skip on the HR34 and it shouldn't. You're not supposed to see anything with 30Skip and that includes a number letting you know how many times you've skipped.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
261 Posts
raromr said:
Latest HR34 bug issue is that the 30SKIP keeps "resetting" back to 30SLIP after about a day or two. I enable the 30SKIP and it works fine then when I go to watch something the next day or so, I see that the skip button has reverted back to the 30SLIP default. I then have to go through setting up the 30SKIP again.
Jefmedia said:
Not sure if this is related, but my HR34 will not count up skips or slips. On the HR24 when I rapidly push the advance button it will count up how many times to skip or slip ahead, the HR34 only allows 1 press at a time and then flashes when I try to add more. Anyone else seen this?
I have both issues. almost every time I set the 30skip it resets overnight. I cann't stack 30skips either. I have to reset 30skip almost every morning.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,423 Posts
Barmat said:
I have both issues. almost every time I set the 30skip it resets overnight. I cann't stack 30skips either. I have to reset 30skip almost every morning.
Skips are stacking here, no problem. It's slips that aren't stacking.

Technically skips don't stack anyways, they are instantaneous.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top